cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR: Part 5 (New Mexico) and Part 6 (Sedona)

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's all for this trip -- now to plan the next one . . . .

Part 5 (New Mexico)

Part 6 (Sedona)
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."
11 REPLIES 11

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks!! More time for travel!
About our trailer

LenSatic
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
since I retired,

Congrats on that, Dan!

Pat
2008 Casita SD 17
2006 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4
2009 Akita Inu
1956 Wife
1950 LenSatic

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
We are blessed to live in a great country....may we keep it that way for our grandchildren’s children (which we already have 5)!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
memtb, we certainly do not have it all figured out -- figuring things out while we are on the road is half the fun!! Where to go? That's easy -- we just look at other folks' trip reports and piggyback off their info. When? That's also fairly easy -- we avoid the summer (too crowded) and focus on the shoulder seasons, especially the fall. How to share? That's fun but a lot of work -- I put it all into the blog (mostly to preserve our own memories), and then send the links around to anyone who might be interested.

And less fortunate? It is hard for me to think of folks who live in Wyoming 😉 as less fortunate than those of us stuck for most of the year in crowded urban misery. It takes us three hours of hard driving to get to a place where we can see the Milky Way, and eight hours to get to good boondocking.

But I have to admit we do feel very fortunate -- since I retired, we now have the time to travel slower and more spontaneously (no reservations!). And our health is still good enough that we can take strenuous hikes, at least for now.

And we live in a country where boondocking is still legal (amazing, when you think about it). Yes, there are more and more restrictions, but what a privilege!

but what a privilege!

Amend to That.
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
memtb, we certainly do not have it all figured out -- figuring things out while we are on the road is half the fun!! Where to go? That's easy -- we just look at other folks' trip reports and piggyback off their info. When? That's also fairly easy -- we avoid the summer (too crowded) and focus on the shoulder seasons, especially the fall. How to share? That's fun but a lot of work -- I put it all into the blog (mostly to preserve our own memories), and then send the links around to anyone who might be interested.

And less fortunate? It is hard for me to think of folks who live in Wyoming 😉 as less fortunate than those of us stuck for most of the year in crowded urban misery. It takes us three hours of hard driving to get to a place where we can see the Milky Way, and eight hours to get to good boondocking.

But I have to admit we do feel very fortunate -- since I retired, we now have the time to travel slower and more spontaneously (no reservations!). And our health is still good enough that we can take strenuous hikes, at least for now.

And we live in a country where boondocking is still legal (amazing, when you think about it). Yes, there are more and more restrictions, but what a privilege!
About our trailer

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you had a heck of a summer/fall.....thanks for sharing! Also.....great photos! Looks like you’ve got everything figured-out....where to go, when to go, and how to share with those “less fortunate”! ??
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tiger, even mediocre camping is better than staying home, right?? Hope all is well with you.
About our trailer

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
I was good to come home from my own Plan C or D trip, not the best ever, and find all of your wonderful trip to see and read about. Thanks for sharing!
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful pics as per usual Prof. Really enjoy your outings up here in the Nor'east. Appreciate you bringing us along.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
nice post. thanks very much for the great photos.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting 🙂