Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Problem installing cooling unit
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Problem installing cooling unit

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
redetorok

OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/18 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am replacing a cooling unit in a RM2652 Dometic refrigerator and can't seem to get the screws in the freezer area to line up with the reconditioned cooling unit holes. Everything else seems to fit alright except for that. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so were you able to correct it and how? I have trimmed some of the foam from the cooling unit on the upper part but do I need to trim more foam from the bottom part and sides? HELP!!!!

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"

* This post was edited 10/27/18 04:31pm by an administrator/moderator *

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/18 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

redetorok wrote:

I am replacing a cooling unit in a RM2652 Dometic refrigerator and can't seem to get the screws in the freezer area to line up with the reconditioned cooling unit holes. Everything else seems to fit alright except for that. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so were you able to correct it and how? I have trimmed some of the foam from the cooling unit on the upper part but do I need to trim more foam from the bottom part and sides? HELP!!!!

Call the company you purchased the reconditioned unit from. Ask them what to do about it.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Chris Bryant

Arden, North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/18 02:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is the measurement between freezer and fresh fin screw holes the same on old and new units? I agree ask the rebuilder what to do.

-- Chris Bryant
My RV Service Blog
The RV.net Blog

Washington, DC

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/18 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from Forum Posting Help and Support

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/18 08:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

redetorok wrote:

I agree with DrSteve, call the company you purchased from.
I have replaced two cooling units in different RVs, both purchased from RV Cooling Unit Warehouse. They both fit perfectly, before ordering the first one I called the C/S number, it was the owner and gave me a lot of great advice and information. That got him the first order, the operation of the first unit got him the second order.

If you can't get the help you need, you might consider them.
RV Cooling Unit Warehouse

Russ & Paula
The Beagles Precious, and Belle.
2001 Dodge 2500 4X4, 5.9 Cummins, NV4500, 3.55's, Pacbrake PRXB, DS Power Puck,RV 275's Bilstein 5100's, 311K miles.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360# GCVW 20,500#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

mchero

Henniker, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/18 03:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep us posted on your cooling unit project.

Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Problem installing cooling unit
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS