cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ceiling Speakers

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
In my bedroom, there are two ceiling mounted speakers. They have started making some static. I would like to get them down to troubleshoot. They are about 6" and round. Can anyone suggest how to get them down? They are original equipment in a 99 Newmar Kountry Star fifth wheel trailer.
7 REPLIES 7

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
trail-explorer wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
As a bonus when you try and pull the grill, chances are the 2 or 3 screws stripped into the 1/8" ceiling panel with a 1/4" cordless impact gun by some Amish guy named Yoder are just going to pull out, and the entire speaker is coming out easily.

Highly unlikely Newmar coach employees strip out screws, and I bet they aren't Amish either.

You would probably lose the bet Bob, however some may be Mennonite.
Do you think this is the only two Amish workers at Newmar, which is located in Nappanee IN? LOL.

Meanwhile just across IN Rt 3 from Newmar's facility.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
As a bonus when you try and pull the grill, chances are the 2 or 3 screws stripped into the 1/8" ceiling panel with a 1/4" cordless impact gun by some Amish guy named Yoder are just going to pull out, and the entire speaker is coming out easily.

Highly unlikely Newmar coach employees strip out screws, and I bet they aren't Amish either.
Bob

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
Be sure to use a drop cloth to catch the sawdust raining down.

Probably the source of the noise, speakers barely held in place.:D
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynnmor wrote:

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I will give it a try. Thanks

On most speakers, the cover bezel snaps in place.
To remove it you can usually grab it with your fingernails and pull down, removing it.
Then the screws holding it to the ceiling will be revealed.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com