cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Trailer Cover

bradmarco
Explorer
Explorer
Any recommendations on a travel trailer cover, obviously looking for best bang for the buck. In Houston, TX, so rain and sun are primary weather elements. Appreciate your thoughts!
2016 Cruiser Radiance 28 QBSS
31 REPLIES 31

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
my first adco lasted 4 years. tyvek was ok, had a few thin spots around AC cover etc. but the side material was desinigrating and tearing. And we don't get that much sun, but lots of rain. Local trailer dealer talked me into the classic accessories permapro. So far it has lasted longer than the adco, going on 6 years now and much easier to install. No thin spots on top, no tears in the ripstop material. Advantage is life and easy to carry and pack. Disadvantage is without the tyvek cover, it doesn't give as much sun protection.

Adco sizing was perfect for my trailer, nice snug fit, but the zippers for the door were not in a good place made it a pain to get into. Classic accy sizing is different and mine has an extra few feet at the back, no biggy, but not as nice a fit. But the zippers happen to line up perfect for door access.

Course sizing, fit and zipper relations to door varies for each trailer.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
I use the ADCO's Designer Series DuPont Tyvekยฎ Plus Wind RV Cover. Just put it on yesterday. This will be it's 5th season. I have gutter extensions so I put tennis balls on them with some Tyvek tape to hold them. I only have a couple tears in where I ran a rope through a grommet and pulled to hard.

You are doing well with that cover! I had that exact same cover and only got 2 winters out of it in NJ and it disintegrated. Not at the corners, but all over including the tyvec roof.. The material just fell apart and shredded in many places, not on corners. It was a replacement for my first ADCO cover, the "moderate climate" designer one so ADCO waould not warrant the replacement as per their policy. So after 2 ADCO covers falling apart in 4 years I moved to Classic Accessories tyvec "Skyshield" because of their 4 year unlimited warranty. This is first winter so we shall see.
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I use the ADCO's Designer Series DuPont Tyvekยฎ Plus Wind RV Cover. Just put it on yesterday. This will be it's 5th season. I have gutter extensions so I put tennis balls on them with some Tyvek tape to hold them. I only have a couple tears in where I ran a rope through a grommet and pulled to hard.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
temccarthy1 wrote:
After 2 ADCO covers with each only lasting 2 years, I switched to Classic Accessory which is even more $ but has an unconditional 4 year warranty.

SoundGuy wrote:
Step up to the Classic PermaPro Cover and the purchase includes a lifetime warranty. :B

temccarthy1 wrote:
Once again Soundoffguy has it bassackwards...You mean STEP DOWN to a perma Pro cover, not STEP UP... the Skyshield cover from Classic Accessories is the same fabric on sides as the Perma Pro but has a TYVEK roof which gives more than double the UV protection and water repelancy over the Perma Pro...That is why it costs more! Read their own details on the 2 covers. With the snow and rain in NJ ( and Ontario) the Skyshield will give better protection.

And once again temccarthy chooses to misrepresent what I wrote. :S Moving from an ADCO Tyvek cover with a 3 yr warranty to a Classic Accessories PermaPro with a lifetime warranty is in fact a step up. And BTW, that Skyshield cover carries just a 4 yr warranty, the PermaPro cover a lifetime warranty. ๐Ÿ˜„
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
temccarthy1 wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
temccarthy1 wrote:
After 2 ADCO covers with each only lasting 2 years, I switched to Classic Accessory which is even more $ but has an unconditional 4 year warranty.

Step up to the Classic PermaPro Cover and the purchase includes a lifetime warranty. :B

Once again Soundoffguy has it bassackwards...You mean STEP DOWN to a perma Pro cover, not STEP UP... the Skyshield cover from Classic Accessories is the same fabric on sides as the Perma Pro but has a TYVEK roof which gives more than double the UV protection and water repelancy over the Perma Pro...That is why it costs more! Read their own details on the 2 covers. With the snow and rain in NJ ( and Ontario) the Skyshield will give better protection.

well the permapro IMHO is still a step up from an ADCO of any type. At least in my experience of what lasts the longest and is the easiest to install. Now the skyshield may be a step up from the permapro. But then I suspect the tyvek adds some bulk to the cover so it is a tradeoff. Sun isn't an issue for me. And the skyshield wasn't available when I got my permapro 3 years ago.

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
temccarthy1 wrote:

Equalizer E2 hitch

72cougarxr7
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought an ADCO "Storage Lot" cover for my 24' TT.
It is 4 ply and comes with extra straps to make sure the cover is secure during unattended storage.
Mine is parked in my yard, but I do get some significant wind as I live on top of a large hill, So I felt the 4 ply and extra strapping would be worth while.

72cougarxr7
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought an ADCO "Storage Lot" cover for my 24' TT.
It is 4 ply and comes with extra straps to make sure the cover is secure during unattended storage.
Mine is parked in my yard, but I do get some significant wind as I live on top of a large hill, So I felt the 4 ply and extra strapping would be worth while.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
temccarthy1 wrote:

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
Pbois334 wrote:
Just bought a Adco tyvek and covered my first nice trailer with it. Judging by the posts here, I'm not feeling confident that I will get my $300 worth out of it

Your cover has a 3 yr warranty but I had same one and only got 2 winters out of it before it disintegrated all over. Hopefully, you padded all the sharp edges on the TT, covered the downspouts with pool noodle, the roof antenna which has sharp edges. Keep an eye on it. After 2 ADCO covers with each only lasting 2 years, I switched to Classic Accessory which is even more $ but has an unconditional 4 year warranty. ADCO's 3 year warranty is very limited and if they give you another...it will not be warranted! That's why I left them. Good Luck !
Equalizer E2 hitch

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
frisbeekev wrote:
I have a Classic Accessories permapro and love it. The ripstop nylon is great and breathable. The install was easy too. We'll worth the cost. As stated be sure to pad corners and gutters to prevent ripping.

Permapro is what we have now. Our first cover was and ADCO, lasted 5 years. It was a good cover and gave good service, but the sun finally got to the fabric which is not woven so it started to tear. But the ADCO cover was pretty hard to handle for a 30+ foot trailer.

The Permapro is lasting longer, but to me that isn't the biggest advantage. The permapro is much easier to handle and store. being ripstop nylon the fabric can be much thinner and still strong so it takes up about 1/4 the volume and is much lighter. I can easily roll it up and get it on the roof myself and amazingly get it back into the storage bag they provide. That's what sold me on the permapro, so even if it only lasted as long as the adco I'd still go with the permapro.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Pbois334 wrote:
Just bought a Adco tyvek and covered my first nice trailer with it. Judging by the posts here, I'm not feeling confident that I will get my $300 worth out of it

Why base your "confidence" on the opinion of a select few forum pundits who consider it necessary to fear monger about any subject. ๐Ÿ˜ž Besides, you've already bought the cover so worrying about isn't going to make you feel any better, using it for it's intended purpose will. Fact is, ADCO sells tens of thousands of covers for all sorts of purposes every year and the vast majority of owners are quite satisfied. I've owned several ADCO covers for different trailers, one of them a Tyvek version I used on our K-Z Spree for 5 winters and when I sold it there were no issues with the cover at all. Install it properly, store it properly, and you shouldn't either. ๐Ÿ™‚

Pbois334
Explorer
Explorer

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
I've been happy with the Calmark https://www.calmarkcovers.com/ Seems durable and I think it has a 6 year warranty.