cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting roof White Again??

D_and_A_plus_6
Explorer
Explorer
Got a 2nd TT, and roof wasn't been cleaned for several years and was pretty dirty almost black. I realize its not recommended, but took it to a car wash and between spray wand and soap brush, I was able to make it look better. Besides lots of Elbow Grease, any ideas of getting it whiter before I use the Thetford Rubber Roof Cleaner Condictioner? Thanks
13 REPLIES 13

D_and_A_plus_6
Explorer
Explorer
Main reason I'd like it whiter/clean to reduce the black streaks doing down the side of the TT.

Thanks for all the info.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
wanderingbob wrote:
Why do you want it white he asked . If you spend any time in the south you would know !

Fairly certain there is little difference between dirty gray and crisp white in regards to heat. Cleaning it isn't going to give you enough of a difference to justify the job.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why do you want it white he asked . If you spend any time in the south you would know !

bid_time
Explorer III
Explorer III
The cleaner conditioner should finish the cleaning you are looking for.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why do you want it to be white? Why do you want to put conditioner on it?

It needs neither.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Quite possibly your roof is black with a thin coating of white. Keep scrubbing and it will only get worse.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
The only answer to your question is MAGIC ERASER. Get the regular not the kitchen ones with dawn in them. You will be surprised how little work, with no effort. My motor home is 24' and i used 6 of them. Took me about 1/2 hr. Gaurenteed you will be satisfied. Pm me if you use them, you will thank me.
Dennis Hoppert

chast
Explorer
Explorer
Agree on the bleach. Make a strong bleach solution, spray on with a tank sprayer and let it sit for 10-15 minutes then hose off. I also like 30 seconds cleaner to remove mold, mildew and stains. The same company makes Spray and walk away which works over time.
chartrue2@aol.com

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the bleach. Don't let any straight bleach get on the roof as it will leave greenish blue streaks. I use awesome and bleach.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Put some Dawn or other soap in a yard sprayer along with a few cups of bleach. Spray it liberally on the roof and using a medium stiff brush clean the roof. Let it set for 20-15 minutes so the bleach can work on the mold and mildew. Reapply for tough areas or areas you may have missed. If it doesnโ€™t come white, at least you know itโ€™s clean.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

nypatnva
Explorer
Explorer
Don't worry about it, only God and birds see it. LOL
2016 dodge ram
champion generator 1978 Serro Scotty Highlander (restored)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
While pleasing the eye, did your washing make the roof more or less water resistant/proof?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I have power washed my roof and made it better but under the maple tree, where the leaves have left their mark, even the power wash didn't get it clean.
I have also tried Soft Scrub with bleach which works well but one has to use a lot of it.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)