https://www.hitchhotel.com
2007 Max Lite ML28 RS
1999 Ford E 350 Super Duty 15 Passenger Ext Van
6.8L V10 / 3.73 Gears
12 REPLIES 12

campinia
Explorer
Explorer
I like it. It would never replace our travel trailer, but, I could see using it for a quick fishing trip. My 25 year old daughter would love it on the back of her Jeep Liberty.
2017 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab LT 2500HD Z71 4X4 6.0 Gasser
2018 Keystone Passport Ultra Light 175BH
Champion 3100W Inverter Generator
2018 Pescador Pro 10 Fishing Kayak
2018 Old Town Topwater 106 Fishing Kayak

pullin2
Explorer
Explorer
The one in the video can't be legal. There were no taillights. It completely covered the lights on the (tow? haul? carry?) vehicle.

Or were those reflectors along the top actually lights? I can't tell.
RB, JC (& a few dogs)
2017 Ram CC LB Cummins,
35' Windjammer
30' Sea Ray
I used to tandem-tow (hence my username), but my trailers grew too big.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
It's a bed in a box. Mattress in the back of a pickup w/topper serves the same purpose. I'm sure they'll sell a few, but I can't see this setup appealing to very many people.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
Remember, Millennials are a different breed, they'll be snapping these up, after all there's still an opportunity to be a member of the 1st 100 club...
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Might be good for those rough areas you can't get a small trailer into.
Otherwise, a small cargo trailer does all that cheaper and with far more cargo capacity.
Then there is the Runaway trailers out of FL. A small cargo trailer redesigned as a small camper.

Otherwise, these are for a very small niche market for those tired of tents, not willing to camp in their truck or SUV, not having the storage space for an actual trailer, or not having the skills or confidence to tow a camper. A VERY SMALL market.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

Jay_Coe
Explorer
Explorer
I can do all that in the back of my Suburban.
Legal disclaimer: Trust me, I know everything!

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
$3100 for a box seems a bit high.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I can't see it being very popular. But, different strokes...
Some people may think it's a great concept/idea.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I saw one like it in use in TN.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Clicck
Explorer
Explorer
This can be posted in the "solutions looking for a problem" forum.

Probably real handy for traveling with the mother in law.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Wow that looks like a lot hanging off the back of the little Subaru wagon. Especially if you load it up with camping gear, clothing, bedding, bicycles or whatever.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, I've seen that before on YouTube. Interesting indeed. It doesn't have wheels, so it can't be a trailer. I doesn't rest in the bed of a truck, so it can't be a truck camper.

I suppose because it has a receiver hitch and no wheels, it should be called a "Cargo Camper".

Now.... when they start putting air conditioners, furnaces, kitchen sinks, refrigerators, and bathrooms in them... ALL squeezed up into that itty-bitty box! Well, THAT may just get attention!

I suppose, you could call it a hard shelled tent? Oh! I know ... The camera camper! After all, doesn't it remind you of this: