Explorer
Pemex Gasolinera

The local span in prices is around ten centavos HERE for Magna

19.55 pesos per liter posted
21 REPLIES 21

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I guess it's everywhere. Do a search for "stolen fuel sold in Texas" and I am sure it happens in many states as well.

Not sure why Pemex can't contain the situation.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
https://tinyurl.com/stolen-fuel
Fuel theft is 3 Billion USD a year!

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I hope we all get to see ARCO and BP and maybe Chevron.

Litros completos and better fuel are going to force Pemex and their concessionaires to clean up their act and make life better for Mexicanos. Gasoline with one-third the sulfur will definitely have a positive impact on smog and air quality.

Talleyho69
We have asked, and are told that they are all the same. Face it, we have maybe 10 gasolineras here.

It's what we have available. Life is great.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Why not just use an online app or an app on your phone? We're living in the 21st century.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
You have the time, Talleyho, ask a taxiista or a transito where they fill up. I do it even when on the road. I have never had a refusal. Give the guys a "thunb's up and they'll smile"

Talleyho69
Our only choices in Zihuatanejo are Pemex. Every penny helps.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Fifty centavos divided by tipo de cambio of 20 pesos to the dollar yields two and one half cents U.S.

Far more important is the possible 8% savings with a station that pumps litros completos.

20 pesos per liter times 108% = 21.60 per liter.

It may change but so far, the foreign fuel stations up here in the far north are offering litros completos.

You will find zero police cars, fire engines, taxis, ambulances fueling up at Pemex gasolineras in Tijuana - Ensenada. As Pablo and Celso say "It's embarrassing Americans and the French come and they do not cheat us"

Talleyho69
19.34 in Zihuatanejo at the Pemex that was 19.4 yesterday.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
20 pesos in Monterrey, 30 kms south 19.45 with the exception of Walmart Gas which is also 19.45.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

Talleyho69
19.4 at the Pemex on the north side of the road on the way to Ixtapa today.

Will we see you three soon?

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Still cheaper than here, and our price has come down in the week since the original post. One more reason that we wish we were there!

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Lowest prices in town are at stations black-listed by the Mexican government. GASOLINERAS LISTA NEGRA.

The Black List is maintained by El Consumidor and Profeco. The list is not for the lowest price, it is for incomplete liters.

Walmart is not on the list and as I stated, their fuel is consistently .50 less per liter than any other station.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I often fuel up at a Pemex where the cabbies and the airport vehicles buy their fuel. This is also one of the stations that can test the fuel with a beaker. I am waiting for Arco to build more stations. My Silverado and my Wife's Rav 4 do not like Magna. The Rav gets a check engine light. The Silverado seems to run rough. Weird. NOB I burn regular. Some Japanese vehicles get plugged Catalytic convertors from Magna. But at least it is not like 25 years ago when your vehicle would ping or smoke from bad fuel!!

Moisheh