cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Indiana I-69 South

Whaler
Explorer
Explorer
I-69 south from Martinsville set to open Nov.5th. Finally will have all lanes open with normal speeds except some 55 mph restrictions in/near Bloomington and 60 mph around Evansville. You can travel non-stop for nearly 150 miles until Henderson Ky. There are no rest stops and services are somewhat limited in Indiana. There is a new fuel stop just off 231/I-69 and new Love's prior to Madisonville Ky. Still have all the stop and go on Hwy 37 from Indy to Martinsville. Gives another choice to avoid I-65 and Louisville. I-69 road surface is good, traffic is light but the bridge joints are terrible. Not recommending this route, just informing.
4 REPLIES 4

Whaler
Explorer
Explorer
Update- The new I-69 was open yesterday. 70 speed limit but a long stretch near Bloomington at 55. Surprised to see that many of the bridge joints have been milled down and are better, not great. Just better. Cut my drive time to Indy 25 minutes. Never thought I would see this done.

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think INDOT jumped the gun. Drove it today and there isnโ€™t an inch of road between Bloomington an Martinsville that has a 70 speed limit. One lane most of the way

ETA: Update. The road is absolutely not โ€œsubstantially completeโ€ Not. One inch of the road was 70MPH and more than half is single lane.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Whaler wrote:
I-69 south from Martinsville ... Not recommending this route, just informing.

Words of wisdom here! Amazing ... Indiana FINALLY finishes a brand new stretch of road and it's designed horrible with bumps hard enough to rip the hitch right off your trailer, bust your tires, break the cabinets from the wall of your camper, and shatter windows! Well, maybe not QUITE that bad ... I wonder how long till there is a pile of 18 wheeler truck parts stacked up near all those bridges!

As I've always said, avoid Indiana Interstates if you are towing anything! Cars and light weight trucks will not notice how bad it is. Put a few thousand pounds of extra weight on your vehicle and it's a nightmare driving these roads!

Wonder how long it will take them to dig it up between bridges now? ... I give it ... 3 days!

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is a big deal to some of us.

The station at 231 is close to me, and itโ€™s an okay place. Food, fuel and bathrooms.

There is fuel available just a mile or so off the US50 exit as well. New Huckโ€™s is going to start construction there next spring.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73