cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No External Cable Connector

GaryS1953
Explorer
Explorer
Hi - We'll be camping for a month at a park that includes cable TV. Our old 1996 camper does not have an external cable connector. My question, should I just install a new plate next to the existing antenna plate with a hole to the outside plate that I'll install, or should I connect to the existing wireing and only have one plate inside?
Gary in Michigan
2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 Double Cab 5.3 Liter V8
1996 Coachmen Catalina RB210 21' Fifth Wheel
495 Watts Solar, 40 AMP Renogy Tracer MPPT Controller,2 GC2 6V Batts.
10 REPLIES 10

GaryS1953
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Remember to TURN OFF the rooftop antenna (That wall plate with the 12 volt outlet, switch, light and antenna connection) to use park cable. NOTE that is not the 'Booster' Less you upgraded to a sensar pro. It is. however the switch and power inserter (The booster is in the antenna itself where it belongs).
I appreciate that tip on turning the antenna power switch to off.
Gary in Michigan

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Remember to TURN OFF the rooftop antenna (That wall plate with the 12 volt outlet, switch, light and antenna connection) to use park cable. NOTE that is not the 'Booster' Less you upgraded to a sensar pro. It is. however the switch and power inserter (The booster is in the antenna itself where it belongs).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

GaryS1953
Explorer
Explorer
campinginthewoods wrote:
Hi I have 1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite TT and my cable TV hook up was found underneath the trailer behind the driver side wheels. I only used it while I was in pigeon forge and Chattanooga TN and it was in case of bad weather and a 7 year old kid. Since then I have camped in State Park's and I haven't set up my TV in the last 10 years but I camp with my girlfriend now and we just don't mess with it. My Ex thought we had to have it and to me a waste of time seeing never could get channels and if I wanted to watch TV I would have stayed home.

Your suggestion was right on. I think I had actually seen it before and didn't realize what it was. I guess I would have expected it to be mounted on the outside, not inconspicuous on the bottom of the camper. Thanks a lot!
Gary in Michigan

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I have 1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite TT and my cable TV hook up was found underneath the trailer behind the driver side wheels. I only used it while I was in pigeon forge and Chattanooga TN and it was in case of bad weather and a 7 year old kid. Since then I have camped in State Park's and I haven't set up my TV in the last 10 years but I camp with my girlfriend now and we just don't mess with it. My Ex thought we had to have it and to me a waste of time seeing never could get channels and if I wanted to watch TV I would have stayed home.
"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am not a fan of the window capacitive pass through

But I'v eno problem drilling a hole

May not even need to do that.. Often if you get into the compartments (Espically the wet ones) you can get from there into a "utility" tunnel along teh bottom of one wall and from there.. Just about anywhere

Often routing to the existing Winegard Wall plate is... Not easy

In which case a simple A/B switch near the TV works.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
There is an addapter that lets you use a window to pass the signal, it has two cable connectors and a flat area to be able to close the window,they are sold at RV stores and sometimes at Walmart, you need one cable to the window the window connector abd a second cable to the tv.

navegator

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I just put another plate in next to the antenna and ran to a outside connection on my old 99 Hornet.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Check again to see if you have one, then if not, drill a small hole and install an external plate, with sealer all around it. Be sure and pull your antenna power switch and look at the connections on it. If there is a cable attached to the cable input port, then you just haven't found it yet. If not, connect the line from your new ourside connector to it.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
The cable tv input is often in the same bay as the shore power cord.

And it goes from there to the amplifier for the over-the-air antenna.

That amp does the switching; when you power the amp OFF, the input from the cable gets connected to your ONE cable going to the TV.

Two cables into the amp; one going out.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

BluegrassBill
Explorer
Explorer
I found my cable hookup in the elec cable hookup compartment in the ceiling.
I'll bet you've got one somewhere.
Bill & Kathy Francis
95 Itasca Sunrise 29RQ,P32 454 Chevy, Banks,ECM chip.Safe-T-Plus, Bilsteins, Super Steer Bell Crank, Stewart Stage 1 Waterpump, Severe Duty Fan Clutch, OilGuard Bypass Filter, Coolant Filter. Rear Tracbar. 1-5/8" Front Swaybar.