cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to site and to owning a travel trailer

expeditionman97
Explorer
Explorer
So, hello all. Wife and I picked up a trailer back in September that is in a seasonal campground so it will not see asphalt. As we moved in, we found some substantial water damage and found most of the living room and tip out was completely rotted out. Previous owners did a great job hiding the damage. Anyways, will have a ton of questions and issues to toss around here. Pressing question is I have a line on a brand new awning roller with canvas, was told it is an Addeco brand, trailer came with an old awning that's pretty trashed, looks to be a Dometic, I am curious if those arms will work with the new roller.

Also have tons of pics of the remodel so far, where can these be posted?
"A bad day camping is still better than a good day working"
4 REPLIES 4

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Try here for posting pictures.
click

Welcome and best of luck in your repairs.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

expeditionman97
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you and yes so far we have found that mostly the seam moldings have failed. Trying to get it all patched before winter sets in.
"A bad day camping is still better than a good day working"

Charley67
Explorer
Explorer
Canโ€™t answer your question, but welcome to the forum. I do know that you need to find where that water is coming in and get it stopped. Hope it works out well.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what you paid or how bad the water damage is but at some point the smart choice might be to cut your losses.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad