cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mouse in toilet?

Drz450
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if anyone has ever found a mouse in their rv toilet. Found one today, dead, floating in the water with a closed lid.
18 REPLIES 18

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
We've been drive-way camping every day for months now. Last night the cat was out, so left the back door of the hose available so he could come back in through the doggie door.

We came in the house this morning and our dachshunds both went crazy around one of our book cases secured to the wall. I figured something living was behind it.

I unbolted it from the wall and off they ran into the laundry room. And then one of the dogs came out smiling with 4 feet and a tail sticking out it's mouth.

I opened the back door and let dog and mouse out the door. I'm assuming the dog eventually ate the mouse. He finally came back in the house happy.

Cat drug the mouse in... dog drug the mouse out!

Cat played with the mouse and let it go
Dog kept the mouse and ate it!

The difference between cats and dogs!

FYI. We don't set any poisons out for rodent control for this very reason. Our dogs and cat are great varment catchers. And we don't want them poisoned from poisoning the varments.

Mice CAN get in any number of ways!

๐Ÿ™‚

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
navegator wrote:
Look at it this way

He just had to go!

navegator

Hahahaha

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Drz450 wrote:
I havent used any poisons or anything else. Trailer is only a couple years old and i keep it pretty clean.

The service shop may have been using it though.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Shopvac in a hangar with the hose attached. No nozzle on it. I found 4 dead mice in the Shopvac. They climbed up the hose and fell into the vac. Best mouse trap there is.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you have gone around and sealed every possible entry point, there are places for mice to enter. I seriously doubt the guys at the dealer put it in the toilet.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Drz450
Explorer
Explorer
I havent used any poisons or anything else. Trailer is only a couple years old and i keep it pretty clean.

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLOLOL

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
It's a pretty common occurrence when rodenticides are used, so I doubt the service shop would have done it.
Dutch

Drz450
Explorer
Explorer
I actually just had it in for some repairs. It was at their lot for 7 weeks and I was not happy with their service and let them know about it. Trying to figure out if they put it in there as a surprise for me for popping off on them.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We've been drive-way camping every day for months now. Last night the cat was out, so left the back door of the hose available so he could come back in through the doggie door.

We came in the house this morning and our dachshunds both went crazy around one of our book cases secured to the wall. I figured something living was behind it.

I unbolted it from the wall and off they ran into the laundry room. And then one of the dogs came out smiling with 4 feet and a tail sticking out it's mouth.

I opened the back door and let dog and mouse out the door. I'm assuming the dog eventually ate the mouse. He finally came back in the house happy.

Cat drug the mouse in... dog drug the mouse out!

Cat played with the mouse and let it go
Dog kept the mouse and ate it!

The difference between cats and dogs!

FYI. We don't set any poisons out for rodent control for this very reason. Our dogs and cat are great varment catchers. And we don't want them poisoned from poisoning the varments.

Mice CAN get in any number of ways!

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Mice seem to like the sweet smell of RV antifreeze.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I had one commit suicide by drowning a couple weeks ago. Had 'food' out for him.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Look at it this way

He just had to go!

navegator

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
If the mouse is in the toilet, it obviously didn't come in through the tank vent or anything else to do with the waste tanks unless there's an opening around the sink drain. A mouse desperate for water can easily crawl in under the toilet seat or lid, and most rodenticides like D-Con, etc., do make mice desperately thirsty which only hastens the effect. The mouse could have made entry in any of a number of ways, so checking for and plugging any openings around pipes, wires, etc., would be a good idea.
Dutch