Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Dashboard Vent Air VERY warm
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Dashboard Vent Air VERY warm

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
RescueDogs

Longmont CO

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/18 09:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi everyone. I'd appreciate any feedback on this topic, even if you can tell me that you have a similar class C and DON'T have this problem as the dealer told me there isn't anything that can be done as this problem is true of all class C's, which I find hard to believe. I have a 2007 Jayco 30' Class C on a Ford E-450 chassis with a 6.8L V10 engine. Once the engine warms up and I have the dashboard air selector on the vent setting, the air coming out of the vents becomes quite warm. When I change the selector to A/C I get appropriately cold air, and the other settings (e.g. defrost) also work fine, so I'm assuming it isn't a vacuum problem (but I may be wrong about that). The air gets so warm while I'm driving that the cabin gets quite uncomfortable and I have to put the A/C on. The service department at the local Ford dealership never bothered to investigate this issue and suggested that I should simply select the "floor" or "mixed" settings when I'm driving, which does provide cooler air but of course that air doesn't come out of the dashboard vents. After running the A/C until the cabin is comfortable, I then switch the selector back to the vent setting. The air is then initially cool but it once again gradually becomes too warm and I have to put the A/C back on. I bought my RV used in 2010 with 3,500 miles on it. I don't recall this being a problem initially so I have to assume something is wrong. I'm at the point that I'm ready to try modifying the air intake to the vent but before doing so I thought it was worth seeing if anyone else has had this problem and/or if you have any suggestions. Appreciate any advice you can provide, even if you simply tell me you have a similar class C and don't have this problem. Thanks!!

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"

* This post was edited 11/06/18 06:11pm by an administrator/moderator *

Home Skillet

Pearland Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/18 10:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is the outside ambient temps?

You may be picking up heat from the engine-since the HVAC ducting sit right on top of the engine compartment.

Also, there's a valve that shuts off coolant to the heater core. That maybe stuck.

2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,SmarTire,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

RescueDogs

Longmont CO

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/18 11:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Home Skillet, thanks for your response. The problem is independent of the outside air temperature (meaning it occurs when the air is cold too). I do believe it is the engine heat that is warming the air. I have wondered if the heater valve might be stuck open and have removed the doghouse and looked under the dash and it seems the entire system is "self-contained" as I can't locate any valves that I can easily examine. Any thoughts on how I can check that out? Thanks again!

Bob in Boulder, CO

Farmboy666

Pisgah Forest, NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/18 04:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the air temp changes depending on if it's coming out of the dash or the floor then it's not the temp valve it's the way the air is channeled. If that's the case then there is not much you can do, air is being channeled through a hot environment so it heats up. Just set the AC to a comfortable temp and move forward.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Dashboard Vent Air VERY warm
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS