cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meals in a Jar-Just Add Water

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those of you asking for quick meals that have healthier ingredients, I get a number of my ideas from the book Meals in a Jar: Quick and Easy, Just-Add-Water, Homemade Recipes
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
7 REPLIES 7

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:
Does Guinness even come in jars?

That’s funny !

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:

YES! In Hipster Redneck Bars they use Ball canning jars for glasses.:B
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
SidecarFlip wrote:

Looks good. Had my wife check it out. One thing I learned. don't ever buy pre-packaged 'Heater Meals'. We got a couple on sale at the grocery and they are horrible. Taste like the cardboard box they come in. Taste terrible and look terrible too.

I like the fact that it's much healthier than those heater meals too. Instead of actual jars of glass I'll pack them into zipper bags if it has noodles.Vacuum seal any herbs or make ahead sauces and soups. If it's fragile I'll use a bpa free plastic storage container with a silicon seal and hard sides.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Those of you asking for quick meals that have healthier ingredients, I get a number of my ideas from the book Meals in a Jar: Quick and Easy, Just-Add-Water, Homemade Recipes

Looks good. Had my wife check it out. One thing I learned. don't ever buy pre-packaged 'Heater Meals'. We got a couple on sale at the grocery and they are horrible. Taste like the cardboard box they come in. Taste terrible and look terrible too.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
Meals in a Jar= Milk and Kellogg's Sugar Frosted Corn Flakes or Butterscotch pudding and with hot water, Cherry Jello 😉 I like to drink the jello before it sets up.
Turret Class traveler

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
A little (??) more labor intensive than I had imagined. Not necessarily wanting to re-equip my kitchen. Going to be digging out my old family meals inna jar. JM2¢ ~~ YMMV

TakeCare ~ TravelSafe ~ HaveFun