cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cincinnati I74 to I75 SB

TheLuvShack
Explorer
Explorer
I'm traveling 12/15 (Saturday) from Indiana I74 to SB I75 in a 31' Class C pulling a toad 4 down. I've read the most recent posts on Cincinnati and continue to wonder if I74 thru town to I75 south or I275 around Cincinnati to I75 is better. I may just flip a coin.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they better find you handy". Red Green

Daryl
6 REPLIES 6

DouglasC
Explorer
Explorer
X 2 on taking the I-275 bypass plus the shortcut in IN 1. We did it last week and will be doing it in reverse tomorrow. Signs on IN 1 say "No big Trucks" but we've done it many times with a Class C motorhome pulling a toad. Really no problem, just a little slower than the Interstates but cuts off quite a distance. You don't go into Ohio at all with that route (I-74 to IN 1 to I-275 to I-75).
Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

The_Kroc
Explorer
Explorer
take the by-pass, it's shorter, less congested and more scenic.

jcsb
Explorer
Explorer
There has be construction on 75 starting just before the 275 splint and going south to below the split. Not sure how far since I was just going to the airport for a pick up. I suggest you check with KY or AAA on status. When I was on it the backup involved both 75 and both directions of 275.
Jim Hunter

TheLuvShack
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Matt and DutchmenSport!
"If the women don't find you handsome, they better find you handy". Red Green

Daryl

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We travel that route often. We take Highway 9 out of Pendleton and hit 74 Southward to Cincy. We never go the downtown Cincy route. Take the 275 route, then hit 75 going on South. You'll find it much more enjoyable, less traffic, less congestion, and you'll never know you are actually circling a large city. It's all country interstate driving. You'll come in and out of Indiana about 3 times. We always get a laugh about that.

If you want a bit of a scenic journey, from I-74, take Highway 1. It dumps into 275. It will cut several miles off your route, but it's also slow driving through small burgs and such. But, it's really a pretty drive.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
While the coin toss may be as good as any, we frequently just roll through Cinci on I-75. When there was no construction (and I have not checked recently), it was no worse than any other interstate.

However, the I-275 south idea has a lot of charm. I have never driven that road, but just being outside of the city and getting to Kentucky sooner cannot be bad.

If it were actually my call, I would check with both AAA and Google for the latest conditions.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.