Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: As RVs regain popularity, younger fans rent their joyride
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> As RVs regain popularity, younger fans rent their joyride

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
gemsworld

Arizona West Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/18 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As RVs regain popularity, younger fans seek out ways to rent their joyride

DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/18 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice article. This gives folks an opportunity to try the RV-ing lifestyle without having to actually purchase one costing more than a house. I think this is great. However, the idea of renting an RV is not new. Cruise America has been doing it for a long time. Maybe Cruise America need to change the graphics on the side of their "C's" so they'll be more attractive?? Instead of painting images of Mount Rushmore, maybe they should paint images of Star Wars or something to make them look more appealing to today's new market? And they can also attach one of those collapsible auto roof tents on top too.

It's nice to see another RV business succeeding! We need more reports of success!

DutchmenSport

2019 Montana High Country 375FL Fifth Wheel
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually

2 Dachshunds, 1 cat, 2 even older folks now, but still lots of love!

The new Montana is now officially, "The Love Shack 2"

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/18 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a winnie back in the 70,s it was rented out most summers ,never had a bad renter. I would not rent my rig out with the standards of todays people.

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/18 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

I had a winnie back in the 70,s it was rented out most summers ,never had a bad renter. I would not rent my rig out with the standards of todays people.

Understandable.

I can see an advantage in as much as the spotty workmanship in today's RV's makes renting and trying out a worthwhile investment. Painless way to weed out the substandard from the good ones.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/18 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think that is the intelligent thing to do. No storage, maintenance or large capital outlay. Most rv's set unused most of the year and you keep paying the expense. I highly recommend renting before a newbie purchases a RV to find out if you enjoy the lifestyle.

doxiemom11

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/18 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know someone who rented a Class A for family vacation. Well family was like 10 adults and 7-8 children. They drove from MI to FL for a week near Disney. No one had ever driven a larger vehicle before and bragged about how fast they drove and how soon they were able to arrive by changing driver along the way. That whole thing is scary --- too many people, too much weight, inexperienced speeding drivers -- would never rent my motorhome when this is the type of renter you most likely will get. Someone in a hurry to get somewhere and back home.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> As RVs regain popularity, younger fans rent their joyride
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS