cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

night stopper on the Interstate 15 Utah

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving Los Angeles in June to Yellowstone and need a one night stopper on the Interstate 15 Utah.Don't want to drive for more than 7 hours after taking off from Los Angeles. Traveling with an Autistic grandson so we want to minimize the driving. Need full hookups. Thanks
13 REPLIES 13

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
southernsky wrote:
Don't stop for fuel in Beaver Utah. Clancy and his marauders at the Shell station/tire store will make your pockets lighter.

I know this is an old thread-but you have the ability to look at your own tires and know if they are good or not. You have the ability to "SAY NO".

There are guys like these in many small towns between Nephi and St. George. It's not just them!

dedmiston
leesan wrote:
I just need to find a decent campground around the central Utah on I 15 That will be a night stopper the next night stopper will be in Pocatello Idaho and then we will reach our destination Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons I have stayed at the KOA in Cedars Utah but it was an Ok campground Maybe now you guys have a better idea what I am looking for

That's funny. I was going to recommend the Cedar City KOA. We spent a week there a couple months ago and really enjoyed it.

The farthest I've ever towed in one day was from L.A. to Pocatello. Our kids were angels, but I wouldn't do that again. Our goal was to get to Glacier in two days. I thought the long drive was behind me after the first day, but it was just as long the second day because the roads were more mountainous and slower in MT.

Our record distance by auto was from Dillon, MT to home in L.A. I'll never do that again on purpose.

The leg from So Cal to Cedar City will be a long day because the towing speed limit is lower in CA. St. George might be a better halfway stop on the way to Pocatello.

Good luck and have fun.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
By the way, it is around 450 miles from Leeds to Pocatello.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Nephi has a nice campground. Yuba Lake is nice too. But that's more than 7 hours.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
According to my log: ten years ago we drove from East Shore RV Park in San Dimas to Temple View in St. George, Utah. Again, according to my log: 363 miles. A bit longer than usual drive, but I remember no great difficulty. Of course, that WAS 10 years ago and I was only 75 at the time.

On the other hand I did drive 360 miles to Chanute, Kansas just a couple of weeks ago. Now that I'm 86 that's a pretty long day's drive.

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
Don't stop for fuel in Beaver Utah. Clancy and his marauders at the Shell station/tire store will make your pockets lighter.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
We usually use Zion West RV Park in Leeds, Utah -- a little over 400 miles from coastal Orange County. Plenty of shade. Very quiet -- about a half mile off the freeway.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

CVD
Explorer
Explorer
When I drive to Yellowstone or Grand Tetons, I load addresses into GPS for a couple Wal-Mart's on I-15. Then I drive until starting to get tired, always keeping in mind how far to next store. I try to arrive about 8 pm; find resturant in walking distance, eat dinner, go to bed 10 or 11 pm.

Wal-Mart's in UT:
https://www.google.com/search?q=walmart+in+utah&oq=walmart+in+ut&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.6378j0j8&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#istate=lrl:mlt
Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
I just need to find a decent campground around the central Utah on I 15 That will be a night stopper the next night stopper will be in Pocatello Idaho and then we will reach our destination Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons I have stayed at the KOA in Cedars Utah but it was an Ok campground Maybe now you guys have a better idea what I am looking for

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
Are you planning on L.A. to Yellowstone with one stop in Utah? That's a haul I wouldn't want to do.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Seven hours seems too long for many/most Autistic children.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Takes me 7 serious driving hours to get from Pomona to St George Utah. I have stayed at Temple View RV Park right off I-15 in St George.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Since it's over 400 miles to Utah, can you do that in less than 7 hours? You have no profile.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman