cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grandkids

2btowed
Explorer
Explorer
Out camping in Sedona on FS525 and have billion dollar view of Red Rock country.Friends from Okla, watching OU play ,sittin by the campfire.Grandkids runnin around..Great night...Morning comes and Im at 63% battery.....What was runnin all night..TV,not enough amps,heater hardly ran,CPAP,seperate battery...Hummm.Inverter/charger crash? crank up Gen and alls charging...still 15 to 18 amp ghost draw....Wellll after walking around checking most things inside I go out and look around... and what was hanging from the pin box? You got it!! the trailer disconnect pin had been pulled out by rampaging GKs!!Who would have thought. FYI ..may happen to you!!!
08 Ranger/sold/14 rzr900 4
08 Grizzly x2
06 400ex
06 Honda 90
08 f450
04 Kymco 110
8 REPLIES 8

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
SpeakEasy wrote:
Not sure what the OP's original intent was in creating this thread, but I'll take it in a different direction than it's gone so far.

Took 3 of the Grandkids to Letchworth Park back in June. We were all looking forward to this outing for months. It was going to be great!

Within a couple hours of arriving, I lost sight of my six-year-old grandson for a MINUTE. He's not a bad kid, but he is pretty unpredictable. I walked out of the camper, and my wife was looking over toward the truck. She said to the grandson, "Is that a rock in your hand? Are you scraping it on the side of the truck?"

That got my attention in a hurry. I went over to see what he was up to. He had a stone, and he was scraping it all along one side of the truck, making loop-de-loops in the paint. He had already hit the other side. Front to back. Both sides of the truck, front to back, now had loopy scratches. I had only had the truck a few weeks. Hadn't even made a payment on it yet.

Yeah.

We won't go into what I said to him and how I said it. It pretty much ruined the day for me.

Gotta love them.

-Speak

And people wonder why my husband and I have chosen not to have kids...
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what the OP's original intent was in creating this thread, but I'll take it in a different direction than it's gone so far.

Took 3 of the Grandkids to Letchworth Park back in June. We were all looking forward to this outing for months. It was going to be great!

Within a couple hours of arriving, I lost sight of my six-year-old grandson for a MINUTE. He's not a bad kid, but he is pretty unpredictable. I walked out of the camper, and my wife was looking over toward the truck. She said to the grandson, "Is that a rock in your hand? Are you scraping it on the side of the truck?"

That got my attention in a hurry. I went over to see what he was up to. He had a stone, and he was scraping it all along one side of the truck, making loop-de-loops in the paint. He had already hit the other side. Front to back. Both sides of the truck, front to back, now had loopy scratches. I had only had the truck a few weeks. Hadn't even made a payment on it yet.

Yeah.

We won't go into what I said to him and how I said it. It pretty much ruined the day for me.

Gotta love them.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
It's my experience that when the pin is pulled you get full voltage to lock the brakes but then the voltage dies down to nothing. I learned this when I was repacking bearings and adjusting brakes. I pulled the pin and the tire locked up but then the tire started to turn a little as the voltage began to drop. This tells me that the voltage might be continuous for a short period but not all night.

DOT requires FULL Battery Voltage for Minimum of 15 minutes

Fully charged battery will supply full battery voltage until the load draws battery voltage down....no controller on amount of battery voltage being applied because it is a direct wiring scheme from Emergency Break Away switch (battery to switch to trailer brakes)

Reason OPs battery was at 63% next morning.........15/18 amp draw from magnets being energized
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
No! Pulling that pin is GOOD..... compared to putting a fork in the wall plug. Lol

Remove that dump pipe cap slowly and have a bucket under it.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
It's my experience that when the pin is pulled you get full voltage to lock the brakes but then the voltage dies down to nothing. I learned this when I was repacking bearings and adjusting brakes. I pulled the pin and the tire locked up but then the tire started to turn a little as the voltage began to drop. This tells me that the voltage might be continuous for a short period but not all night.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Emergency Break Away pin pulled.....Continuous FULL battery voltage on Brake Magnets

Might want to measure the resistance on those magnets. Should be 3.0-3.8 Ohms
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, those grandkids. Otta be a law. Put then on half rations of ice cream.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fortunate that you located the problem.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD