cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide Leaking

Zector
Explorer
Explorer
I have a slide leak. Trailer is 5 years old, seems to be a slow leak in bottom corner. Not coming down wall from roof, rubber seems fine around slide and has been lubricated. Slide seats in all the way, and a trough is in good shape about 3/4" above slide. At repair shop, charged 11 hours now, and when i went to pick it up friday, there was some moisture from overnight storm. The have :aligned: the slide, and other stuff...

At my limits.... Any input or thoughts?
13 REPLIES 13

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
The square is on our slide on the bottom of each corner. Yours may be different.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Zector
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
Zector wrote:
ReneeG wrote:
We had a leak in the bedroom slide and it was only when the slide was in. Our RV tech came out and checked it with water. In the bottom right corner of the slides, the screws had rusted and water was channeling to the inside along the metal slide edge. They replaced the screws on both bottom corners, caulked and while they were at it, replaced the top rubber slide tubing and it hasn't leaked again. I was surprised at the simple cause, but they addressed it right away.

Mine was leaking when it was in, what screws do you mean?

And what is the seal test?

Looking at the slide from the outside, the bottom corners have three or four screws that hold a plastic square on. They replaced the screws and then caulked them. The test was with a garden hose on the outside.

Is the square on the slide or the trailer? im not sure what you mean, but im going to have a look, thnaks

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
Zector wrote:

Sealtech

Pretty fancy, but that's not what they used. Since they were on site fixing our door track in our pop-up camper, they fixed our slide leak while they were here and just used the garden hose.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Zector wrote:
ReneeG wrote:
We had a leak in the bedroom slide and it was only when the slide was in. Our RV tech came out and checked it with water. In the bottom right corner of the slides, the screws had rusted and water was channeling to the inside along the metal slide edge. They replaced the screws on both bottom corners, caulked and while they were at it, replaced the top rubber slide tubing and it hasn't leaked again. I was surprised at the simple cause, but they addressed it right away.

Looking at the slide from the outside, the bottom corners have three or four screws that hold a plastic square on. They replaced the screws and then caulked them. The test was with a garden hose on the outside.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Zector wrote:

Sealtech
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Zector
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Couple hundred dollars for a SealTest could be money well spent. Instear of guessing you will have exactly where all your leaks are.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer

ktjensen
Explorer
Explorer
another issue could be a false leak. We had water coming off a window. It turned out to be moisture from the 60% humidity or higher when we get rain. Nothing to do with leaking. Pure speculation, but do consider that in any context.

Zector
Explorer
Explorer
Any ideas how to test/seal upper corner? corner is behind slide flash, and tucked under trough pretty good.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Another possibility is the metal strip at the bottom where the floor attaches to the side walls. If that rubber strip is to short it will allow water to wick it's way in by the screws. This happened to me on my slide, I have to replace the slideout floor because once wet the chip board floor of the slideout fall apart. Same can be said if the rubber strip at the top is to short allowing water to wick it's way in.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Dave H M wrote:
My experience says to suspect a leak somewhere in the location of the top corner. Just saying based on my experience with those pesky slide leaks.

I think Dave HM is right. Probably a seam on the top of the slide.
2010 Suncruiser

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
My experience says to suspect a leak somewhere in the location of the top corner. Just saying based on my experience with those pesky slide leaks.