cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Massachusetts mayor takes dying dog on road trip

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Did you happen to see the story of a Massachusetts mayor who took his dog Mura that has cancer on a road trip around the country.
4 REPLIES 4

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Story

I hear of these stories more and more often.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Sure hope the dog is as excited about traveling as the owner apparently is. My personal experience is mixed. When my dogs reached the end of their lives, some of them couldn't wait to get in the truck and take a drive, others lost interest in doing anything out of their established routine. One thing they all had in common was they were more interested in having loving attention then they were in seeing the world's largest ball of twine.

Having just last week had to end our rescues suffering she still wanted to go for that ride.

I'm sure the mayor did it out of love and not for publicity cause the dog was SO into the traveling
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Sure hope the dog is as excited about traveling as the owner apparently is. My personal experience is mixed. When my dogs reached the end of their lives, some of them couldn't wait to get in the truck and take a drive, others lost interest in doing anything out of their established routine. One thing they all had in common was they were more interested in having loving attention then they were in seeing the world's largest ball of twine.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
No, it sounds interesting, you have a link?