cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 questions

dc_goff
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased Freedom Express 248RBD and have two questions about it.
Are most kitchen faucets a particular brand? Mine is dripping water while it is turned off so I would like to replace the gaskets once I can find out what brand to buy.
Is the refrigerator in an outside kitchen supposed to drain the condensation water outside of the kitchen? Every time that I run the refrigerator and then move the camper, there is water underneath and around the refrigerator. Itโ€™s not from a leak somewhere and there was no rain during our camping trips.
I have asked my dealer but so far I have not heard from them.
6 REPLIES 6

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
It's a refrigerator in a outside kitchen, correct ?

I think that they are regular dorm type compressor refrigerators. Just a smaller version of the refrigerator that you have in your house. In that case there is no drain. Every time you un-plug your camper to move then the power to them goes off and they get warm inside. The frost is melting off of the freezer compartment. The only thing to do is to stuff a couple of towels inside it to soak up the water.

You do realize that when traveling this fridge does not stay cool. Don't leave any perishable foods in it.

DITTO.
Bob

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
dc_goff wrote:
I recently purchased Freedom Express 248RBD and have two questions about it.
Are most kitchen faucets a particular brand? Mine is dripping water while it is turned off so I would like to replace the gaskets once I can find out what brand to buy.
Is the refrigerator in an outside kitchen supposed to drain the condensation water outside of the kitchen? Every time that I run the refrigerator and then move the camper, there is water underneath and around the refrigerator. Itโ€™s not from a leak somewhere and there was no rain during our camping trips.
I have asked my dealer but so far I have not heard from them.

It's a refrigerator in a outside kitchen, correct ?

I think that they are regular dorm type compressor refrigerators. Just a smaller version of the refrigerator that you have in your house. In that case there is no drain. Every time you un-plug your camper to move then the power to them goes off and they get warm inside. The frost is melting off of the freezer compartment. The only thing to do is to stuff a couple of towels inside it to soak up the water.

You do realize that when traveling this fridge does not stay cool. Don't leave any perishable foods in it.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There's only two spacings faucets come in; 4 & 8 inches.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Also, I suggest you put your camera under your sink now and shoot pictures up at the underside of your present faucet. I bought one once for a replacement and the main piece that fits underneath (the footprint) was a bit bigger than the one I was replacing. I had to do some fancy upside down work on the wood that was there to make it fit properly.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Refers have an outside drain. Yes, it will drip.
There is several different brands of Inexpensive faucets used in RVs. As suggested, get a good quality residential faucet. measure the bolt spread. It is most likely 8 inch on center.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Buy/replace with any kitchen faucet you want. Most of us ditch the cheap RV stuff.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman