cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hanging Pictures

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone suggest a way to hang pictures so they will not swing while driving. I do not want to put holes in the walls, if I don't have to.
16 REPLIES 16

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
eb145 wrote:
I use a small nail or brad for holding the wire and I use velcro near the bottom of the picture. The nail holds the weight and the velcro stops it from swinging.

I use the same technique for the wall clock too.

Ed

I do the same but I have changed to Earthquake putty (also called Museum Putty) on the bottom instead of Velcro. The putty removes easily where I found when you remove the Velcro it sometimes takes part of the wall with it.
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
rk911 wrote:
Kountryguy wrote:
Can anyone suggest a way to hang pictures so they will not swing while driving. I do not want to put holes in the walls, if I don't have to.

3M Command Strips.

Oops.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
rk911 wrote:
Kountryguy wrote:

3M Command Strips.

This.
It has always released very well for us also.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
riven1950 wrote:
3m strips work great till you remove them. Even though they are " easily removed " we found that they will still pull the " wallpaper " off the luan that it is attached to and create a pucker. We even tried a heat gun to soften the glue and still got puckers. We found this out recently when removing hanging items in preparation to trade the TT. 3m strips hold great, not so great at releasing on our TT walls.

After some research we are going to try removable acrylic clear mounting tape. Can't comment on it yet as we have not tried it, GF ordered some for the new TT.

We had that happen and then found a trick. Hold the top of the strip with the other hand and gently pull straight down. Has worked every time so far:)
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

eb145
Explorer
Explorer
I use a small nail or brad for holding the wire and I use velcro near the bottom of the picture. The nail holds the weight and the velcro stops it from swinging.

I use the same technique for the wall clock too.

Ed

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Don't use the usual level to be sure the pictures are straight because the RV may not be level. Instead measure down from the flat ceiling or up from the floor if the ceiling is on a slant.
Or just eyeball it!
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
3m strips work great till you remove them. Even though they are " easily removed " we found that they will still pull the " wallpaper " off the luan that it is attached to and create a pucker. We even tried a heat gun to soften the glue and still got puckers. We found this out recently when removing hanging items in preparation to trade the TT. 3m strips hold great, not so great at releasing on our TT walls.

After some research we are going to try removable acrylic clear mounting tape. Can't comment on it yet as we have not tried it, GF ordered some for the new TT.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Command strip or a small nail. The use picture putty to stop the swing.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/cntct_putty/overview/Loctite-Fun-Tak-Mounting-Putty.htm
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
The only picture-like thing in my RV (a "Camper sweet camper" plaque) is, I believe, attached with a couple of decent sized pieces of velcro. It has stayed put very well. I've never had a reason to pull it down or reposition it, so I can't fully confirm it's velcro that was used.

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the heads up.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
We use 3M strips as well. Watch them for awhile after hanging something. We used them to hang something that over time and while โ€œbouncingโ€ down the high way, started to pull the vinyl wall paper away from the wall panel backing it.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Only way to fly. We use them for everything and I demand my renters use them in my rentals too. I catch a renter putting holes in the sheetrock they get a notice of eviction and thats a fact.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Will check them out.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
3M Command has purpose made picture hanging strips. They're like a heavy duty Velcro, so you don't have to get things perfectly level or plumb the first time. It's easy to readjust and swap out art as needed.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed