cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trip Planner issues

PierreBois
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone else having problems with Trip Planner. It won't show my route or let me create waypoints.
I just cancelled Trip Wizard thinking I'd save money. Does anyone have another tried and trusted nav tool.....besides a good Ole atlas?
Thanks
2017 319RLS OR 5th wheel
2017 Ram 1500

We travel initially to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more."
โ€” Pico Iyer
11 REPLIES 11

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
PierreBois wrote:
As a follow up to my original question on Trip Planner dependability I contacted Marcus in "ask Marcus".

Which sub-forum did you use? None of them seem to be appropriate for questions about Trip Planner...
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
That happens to me randomly. I've found that logging out and in again clears it up.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

dedmiston
PierreBois wrote:
As a follow up to my original question on Trip Planner dependability I contacted Marcus in "ask Marcus".
This was the answer ร nd it has improved. ..not perfect but much better.

Thank you for your time and email, I apologize for the experience you are having with the Trip Planner. Have you tried to clear your internet cookies, log out and try logging in again? If that does not work, we will be glad to look into this further.

Marcus pulls a ton of all-nighters handling Tech Support calls. :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

PierreBois
Explorer
Explorer
This was the answer ร nd it has improved. ..not perfect but much better.

Thank you for your time and email, I apologize for the experience you are having with the Trip Planner. Have you tried to clear your internet cookies, log out and try logging in again? If that does not work, we will be glad to look into this further.
2017 319RLS OR 5th wheel
2017 Ram 1500

We travel initially to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more."
โ€” Pico Iyer

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
JKJavelin wrote:
PierreBois wrote:
Is anyone else having problems with Trip Planner. It won't show my route or let me create waypoints.
I just cancelled Trip Wizard thinking I'd save money. Does anyone have another tried and trusted nav tool.....besides a good Ole atlas?
Thanks

Yes, I just started using the Trip Planner a couple weeks ago and a few days ago I started having the same problems... I thought it was something I did wrong, but apparently not. After logging out and back in (did that a bunch of times) again last night it was OK. I checked it again just now and seems to be good.
JK

No, It's being a POS again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
For the way we travel, any internet planner is only good for a guess. For that guess I have started using a free on-line planned caller Furkot. Yes, the learning curve was steep, and as soon as you are not on-line it is worthless and it can't be an actual real time navigator (I really do miss Street Atlas), but as nearly as I can tell, it does everything that RVTripPlanner did. I only had that for one year and it was a great disappointment. Particularly so with reference to either SA or S&T.

Google maps on my phone is no good for planning EOD or Fuel stops.

I an trying to learn to run Co-Pilot, but that has not gone well so far as it is so different and I have just not had the time for it.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
PierreBois wrote:
Thanks

Yes, I just started using the Trip Planner a couple weeks ago and a few days ago I started having the same problems... I thought it was something I did wrong, but apparently not. After logging out and back in (did that a bunch of times) again last night it was OK. I checked it again just now and seems to be good.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
enblethen wrote:
Find a discontinued Microsoft Streets and Trips. I believe the last one was 2013.
Roads don't change that much!

Yeah or DeLorme but the asking prices for those is quite high, $155 for a 2015 DeLorme and similar if not higher for S&T
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I do not use Streets and Trips for campgrounds just for basic routing. I use my Rand McNally GPS with POIs.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
PierreBois wrote:
Thanks

Trip Wizard gets better all the time - its the best out there and well worth the money - Trips and Streets is just to old to benefit you as many of the campgrounds have changed/added/deleted
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Find a discontinued Microsoft Streets and Trips. I believe the last one was 2013.
Roads don't change that much!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker