cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Well, it finally happened

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We moved into the house tonight after sleeping in the camper every night since the middle of March this year, either driveway camp or traveling. No drive-way camping tonight!

I burned through a 30 pound propane tank in 2 days, weather got cold. Too costly to keep it heated now. I winterized last Saturday. Slept in it last night by retracting all the slides except the bedroom and shut down the furnace since all the lines are winterized and tanks empty. We keep electric heat in the bed room with 2 space heaters and with an electric blanket. Drug out the old port-a-potty. That thing is old, but it's still very functional!

Slept real good last night, but decided with impending snow coming, I really want to keep the slides in. We're leaving Saturday for Louisiana (Lake Briun State Park) and don't want to take any chances at all for ice and snow to settle on the top of the slides and then find myself in a real pickle packing up on Friday.

So, we are inside the house right now. We've got a really nice fire going in the fireplace, watching television, and I'm experiencing withdraw symptoms already. Ugg... It's going to be a long time for Saturday to roll around now!

Photo taken about 2 week ago in the driveway.

10 REPLIES 10

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your lucky. We here in MN have been having one of the coldest Novembers on record.

I'm winterized and stuck in the house for awhile. Sometimes I go sleep in the camper that sets in a shed on my farm. I use electric space heaters for heat. Occasionally , if the roads are good enough, I can make it out in the winter for a weekend. I too have a porta-potti. Some years I get a few weekend out. Others not. Just have to keep my fingers crossed.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
OK, I woke up in the middle of the night from a deep sleep. Wasn't real sure where I was for a moment. Finally became alert enough to realize I was in the house and not the camper. Got up, lights out, went to the B-room, got done and couldn't hit the push peddle to flush! Oh Sheesh!

:B

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Was there a reason you were driveway camping all summer?
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I have never figured out the allure of driveway camping when a person has a nice spacious home.

I did driveway camping when they put a new basement under my house for about a month. When I moved back into my small house it felt like a mansion.

I love to travel and see new things and on the road and the RV is my home.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
You really should look into adding "Cheap Heat".
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
OK, I woke up in the middle of the night from a deep sleep. Wasn't real sure where I was for a moment. Finally became alert enough to realize I was in the house and not the camper. Got up, lights out, went to the B-room, got done and couldn't hit the push peddle to flush! Oh Sheesh!

I did that a few times after a couple long summer vacations this year. "tap tap, Oh yea" lol

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't it frustrating to be ready to go,,,,,, but can't.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy the trip!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s legal to leave early...at least in California!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad