cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Poor Design Black Water

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if anyone else has run into this issue but it seems that, between poor water flow and questionable design, the toilet in our 2004 Holiday Rambler does not really flush too well.

As noted, the water flow is kind of weak - granted we have not hooked up to city water as of yet (it's been only the pump) but it doesn't really get much pressure. Couple that with the fact that there appears to be an elbow, or trap, about a foot down from the toilet and things just do not clear very easily from there.

Is this something anyone has dealt with before? If so, any suggestions?

Thanks.
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)
9 REPLIES 9

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know that if you want to put more water into the bowl before you flush, I just lift up the peddle with my foot. Then flush.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are used to the WOOOSH of a residential toilet those actually FLUSH UP believe it or not. So there heeds to be a hood "Head" of water a 3" pipe is normal with between 3 and 80 pSI behind it at opening of the valve. WOOOSH indeed.

THe RV toilet is a Gravity toilet. you open the dump valve and the "Stuff" Falls down into the tank. teh water is just to rinse the bowl. not to flush it. Do pre-fill so there is some water to carry semi-soilds down the pipe. about 1/3 full should do till you learn.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have not truly bonded with your RV yet if you havenโ€™t taken off your toilet, taken it apart, replace all seals and reinstall.

OR buy a new, tall, porcelain toilet and add a sprayer.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mikemc53 wrote:
I will check the water line.

We bought the RV, used, this summer and have only recently started using it. We never leave the black tank waste gate open. It is only opened when dumping and flushing the tank. The tank drains well, it is just at that elbow that things seem to slow down.

You do fill up the bowl before dumping the contents? Doug

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
I will check the water line.

We bought the RV, used, this summer and have only recently started using it. We never leave the black tank waste gate open. It is only opened when dumping and flushing the tank. The tank drains well, it is just at that elbow that things seem to slow down.
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Check the screen on the input to the foot pedal valve. They regularly get clogged up with minerals.

The elbow or trap about a foot down could be a poo pyramid. Do you leave the black tank drain open?
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
There is NO trap on the down pipe of a Toilet to the Black tank. There may be a slight no more than 30 degree elbow going from the toilet to the tank. If the water flow from the water input is slow, nominal, then I would suspect the inlet water valve at the back of the toilet has mineral deposit build up. Take the water line loose and look at the input of the water valve. Doug

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Should have plenty of water on the pump. Are faucets running well?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Toilet brand?