cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best day trips from Zion

rangerjean
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning a nice long stay at Zion but would like to do a few day trips from there as well. What are the favorites. I know we will hit Bryce but who has other favorites?
6 REPLIES 6

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, Bryce is really a lot more than one should attempt for a day trip out of Zion. One has to plan for 1 1/2 hours each way and maybe more. You never know how long you might have to wait at the tunnel.

Do yourself a favor and camp at Bryce rather than try this very long "commute".
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
rangerjean wrote:
I am planning a nice long stay at Zion but would like to do a few day trips from there as well. What are the favorites. I know we will hit Bryce but who has other favorites?

My two Day Trips would be - the Narrows - and Angels Landings.

Yes both will take the entire day- and they will both Never be Forgotten.

Most of the other suggestions are "Separate Trips"

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Kodachrome Basin State Park is near Bryce Canyon. Great hiking and we could walk our two dogs thru the park, which we could not do at the National Parks.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is just South. If you are an animal lover, do a tour of the Sanctuary. Itโ€™s a magical place. You might even find yourself on the volunteer list after your tour.

Here is a link.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ditto on Kolob Terrace Road. Depends on what you are driving (4WD good) but Smithsonian Butte is directly south (if I have my directions right) of Zion. There is Coral Pink Sand Dunes SP to the SE. If you like rocks there are several good rock shops in Orderville. Cedar Breaks NM is to the north but may be just as far as Bryce.

I'd head to Bryce and spend a couple days there or at Ruby's there are several place to go from there including Kodachrome SP.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
rangerjean wrote:

Bryce is about 90 miles one way - not my idea of a day trip but I guess you could do it

Kolob Terrace Road is a nice scenic drive north from Virgin
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks