cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disconnect battery?

chast
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all—just purchased 1997 Pleasureway and can’t figure out how to disconnect the house battery when the coach is not being used. Carbon monoxide and propane detectors are on and I want to disconnect the 12 power so the coach can be parked until we use it again. There are circuit breakers that reset, but pushing the reset button does nothing. Anyone out there with experience with an older Pleasureway able to steer me in the right direction?? Thanks!
chartrue2@aol.com
12 REPLIES 12

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks,
When I had my RT 190V, I had a knife switch attached to my main battery. Under the hood. As for the house battery, Roadtrek has a switch. Last thing I do before leaving my RV is switch the batteries off.

Heapie

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks,
When I had my RT 190V, I had a knife switch attached to my main battery. Under the hood. As for the house battery, Roadtrek has a switch. Last thing I do before leaving my RV is switch the batteries off.

Heapie

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks, I just sold a Roadtrek 190V. The company I had who did the fixing put a switch next to the main battery under the hood. I made sure I turned the house battery off. Worked.

chast
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I know how to disconnect from the battery. I was asking if and where a remote battery disconnect switch might be located.
chartrue2@aol.com

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Remove the house ground (-) from the batteries. Simple.

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
Battery disconnect is a red toggle near the battery in the right rear of the coach underneath the twin bed if you have the twin bed model; believe you get to the location from the rear door. Call up the factory in Saskatoon if your model is something different. Congrats on buying the Pleasure-Way, they are good units and will last you a long time!

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
I can't find anything in the manual on a Battery Disconnected. They just talk about where the battery is located for each model. Looks like you have to remove the cable manually to do a disconnect.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Most if not all PWs have a red switch that you rotate to disconnect the house batteries. Find it and you're good to go.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Detectors probably run off the chassis battery.
Disconnect the negative battery lead on both chassis and coach battery.
Make sure they are charged good!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don’t know your coach. Back then not all coaches had disconnects.
My 97 Holiday Rambler was in the front engine compartment.

If it doesn’t have one, you can add one right at the battery. Not very expensive.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Disconnecting the house battery stops the phantom loads but not the battery self discharge. A small solar system is my answer. What’s your answer for battery longevity?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Disconnect the negative battery lead (s).

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.