cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-84 Westbound parking in Oregon

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
We would like to approach Portland, OR. on I-84 early in the A.M.
Is there any suggestion where a travel trailer & tow vehicle can overnight it West of The Dalles? Koberg, Hood River, etc? I don't want to hinder the truckers by trying to squeeze into the Memaloose rest area.
If we have to, Exit 109 has great parking next to the river, but would like to be further West,
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
camping world in wood village allows over nighters or did. with the homeless issues i would call them

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
There is a state park at Memalose. Stay there. Mif your looking free, the Walmart at HoodRiver might allow it.

Hood river wally world does not allow rv parking. the parking lot is so small they are lucky to get a car in and out of the place

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
There is a state park at Memalose. Stay there. Mif your looking free, the Walmart at HoodRiver might allow it.

Already closed till March.

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
As long as you are less than 12 ft high Cascade Locks has an excellent park right on the river, Cascade Locks Campground. That would be exit 44 West bound.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
A long river at the Rufus exit is good free parking area. Down stream of John Day Dam, exit 109. Exit westbound, turn right.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer