cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cardinal is FR's top dog??

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Just received latest issue of TL and on front cover they state that the model featured (FR's Cardinal) is companies flagship 5er. I recall not to long ago this discussion came up as to which one is FR's top dog, Cedar Creek or Cardinal. Concensious was Cedar Creek was the top dog. Folks still agree or disagree?
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
19 REPLIES 19

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
bpounds wrote:
ACZL wrote:
Just received latest issue of TL and on front cover they state that the model featured (FR's Cardinal) is companies flagship 5er.

How do they define flagship? Most expensive? Or perhaps the one they push the hardest and sell the most of? The latter might well be Cardinal.

Remember all though they all say Forest River somewhere on the unit they are all mostly separate brands so they will all say they are the top of the line, but YOU are really the one who decides. I looked for build quality and certain options I wanted or felt was necessary and that was how we ended up with the River Stone Legacy, our previous unit was a Cedar Creek.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
ACZL wrote:
Just received latest issue of TL and on front cover they state that the model featured (FR's Cardinal) is companies flagship 5er.

How do they define flagship? Most expensive? Or perhaps the one they push the hardest and sell the most of? The latter might well be Cardinal.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Retired JSO wrote:

That floor plan actually has a large solid surface counter forward of the island. We are going tomorrow to see 3 in Wildwood FL.

If you are referring to our BH3575el we love the butlers pantry area ahead of the island. It provides lots of close and hand counter space. We have all the dishes and table service in the area. So one can make lunch without moving a slide.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer

That sure lacks counter space for a large trailer. Or you get lots of exercise running between counters and around to the other outer door to go potty after making lunch.

I will stick with mine.

That floor plan actually has a large solid surface counter forward of the island. We are going tomorrow to see 3 in Wildwood FL.

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
dblr wrote:
Not because we own one but I would agree that the River Stone line and the Legacy would be their top. Cedar Creek Champagne is also very nice as is the Cardinal line.

Agree with the Legacy being their top of the line. Very nice units. We have been looking at and really like.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
I guess thats why the MFR's make many different floor plans. Different strokes for different folks.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:

We looked at a LOT of Front Living Room 5ers from several brands and all of them had the island kitchen that cut off access to the kitchen in some way or another. That was, until we found the Montana and fell in love with it. Kitchen is completely accessible, no island, and plenty of counter space. And we really love that back door on the opposite side!

That sure lacks counter space for a large trailer. Or you get lots of exercise running between counters and around to the other outer door to go potty after making lunch.

I will stick with mine.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Me Again wrote:
ReneeG wrote:
We got the magazine too. Nice looking FW and I like the separate office. What I don't like and see in all if not most today are the islands in the kitchen. We stop at roadside rests and even sleep there and you can't work in your kitchen with islands and slides up against them. Well, that's for another discussion.

Islands are much better than peninsulas in kitchens. Our Bighorn 3575el has an island and a butler's counter ahead of it. Works well! We can get in three of four frig doors and make lunch without moving a slide.

We looked at a LOT of Front Living Room 5ers from several brands and all of them had the island kitchen that cut off access to the kitchen in some way or another. That was, until we found the Montana and fell in love with it. Kitchen is completely accessible, no island, and plenty of counter space. And we really love that back door on the opposite side!

Wow. Rare, indeed. Good to know there are some out there. We have an open center kitchen and we can get to everything with the slides in.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
The OP_ was asking about the Cardinal sorry my man nothing wrong with the High Country but your Montana High Country edition is a step down from Montana's top of the line Legacy and non Legacy edition which is a direct competitor to the Cardinal and Cedar creek.
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
In all fairness to Cardinal, here's the top-of-the-line Front Living Room model I could find. Cardinal Luxury 3700FLX. All of Cardinals had the center Island. That is one bodacious mater bathroom though! As with all RV's, there's a trade off somewhere.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
ReneeG wrote:
We got the magazine too. Nice looking FW and I like the separate office. What I don't like and see in all if not most today are the islands in the kitchen. We stop at roadside rests and even sleep there and you can't work in your kitchen with islands and slides up against them. Well, that's for another discussion.

Islands are much better than peninsulas in kitchens. Our Bighorn 3575el has an island and a butler's counter ahead of it. Works well! We can get in three of four frig doors and make lunch without moving a slide.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Theyโ€™ve used โ€œBerkshireโ€ on MHs so I guess โ€œHathawayโ€ will go to 5ers soon. The upcoming โ€œCharlieโ€ TTs I hear are nice.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ReneeG wrote:

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Not because we own one but I would agree that the River Stone line and the Legacy would be their top. Cedar Creek Champagne is also very nice as is the Cardinal line.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.