cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Draining the fresh water tank

rvnubee
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to drain my fresh water tank so I can refill with fresh water without running it empty with the pump. I have a 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun, model 319MB. I am told there is probably a drain valve that I can open and just drain the water on the ground but I cannot find a valve.

I removed the 4 screws from the outside wall next the the shower by the "Low Point Drain" sign but could not see how to remove the panel. I looked under the bed but couldn't find a drain valve there either. I have searched under the rig but could not find anything that looks like a drain valve near the water tank. Can anyone provide some guidance of where to look or if this is possible?
7 REPLIES 7

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Yep mine has a pipe cap also down under the tank.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
RedRocket204 wrote:
Nothing in your Coachman manual that explains where to find it?

most RV owners manuals are generic with no model-specific info.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Crawling underneath is the only way Iโ€™ve found mine...word you canโ€™t use as in afternoon libation. And sometimes the fresh water tank is directly above it.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing in your Coachman manual that explains where to find it?
I love me some land yachting

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Many have quit using valves and instead use a pipe cap, just to save a few pennies.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Our valve is actually a 1/4 (or half turn) turn plastic petc*ck. Doesn't look like much.
Wasn't sure I could actually spell it out on this Forum.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Crawl under and look for a plastic line with a valve on it. Should be around where your water tank is located.