cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane Cooktop

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 3 burner Suburban cooktop. Is there a way to adjust the flame lower? The way it is now, there is no way to simmer anything.
23 REPLIES 23

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
KCFDCapt wrote:
Try pulling the knob off and look inside the shaft. Some models have an adjustment screw inside the shaft. Use a flat blade screwdriver to adjust the flame while it is at the minimum setting.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Hurricaner wrote:
I have verified the propane pressure and even tweaked it down to 10.5 inches of water which helped a little. The one thing I have not done is check the pressure at the burners but I'm not real sure what it should be. I would assume the stove regulator would create a little lower than the main reg. pressure. Anyone know?

Sam

WHY would you do this??????? The LP pressure MUST be 11.5 inches and the Range has its OWN LP regulator that drops it to 10.5 inches. Now, your whole RV has inadequate LP pressure. Doug

PS, this is what happens when you don't know what you are doing:B

Hurricaner
Explorer
Explorer
I have verified the propane pressure and even tweaked it down to 10.5 inches of water which helped a little. The one thing I have not done is check the pressure at the burners but I'm not real sure what it should be. I would assume the stove regulator would create a little lower than the main reg. pressure. Anyone know?

Sam
Sam & Kari
Hurricane, Utah

2019 Winnebago Sightseer 33C

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Kountryguy wrote:
The flame adjusts on all 3 burners, but just does not go as low as on my previous stove.

Verify correct LPG pressure.

X-2

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Kountryguy wrote:
The flame adjusts on all 3 burners, but just does not go as low as on my previous stove.

X-2

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Move the pan until just a part of it is being heated. That may be MM but it works.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Hurricaner
Explorer
Explorer
Ozlander wrote:
Hurricaner wrote:
I have a new suburban oven/cooktop, same problem. If anyone has a fix I would like to here it. Our last unit was an attwood and the oven and stovetop were great the suburban is a POS. It does not simmer and the oven burns the bottom of everything , my wife hates it.Sam

So, why don't you buy an Attwood and install it????
I suppose I might but I just dropped 150 grand on this motorhome and really don't want to replace a brand new stove. I also realize you can put a pizza stone in the oven and a a simmer ring on the stovetop but it's a mickey mouse fix that should not have to be made.

Sam
Sam & Kari
Hurricane, Utah

2019 Winnebago Sightseer 33C

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I know it takes a lot of intellectual thinking, but why not slide the pot
off to one side of the burner,.......like I been doing for years ??
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Hurricaner wrote:
I have a new suburban oven/cooktop, same problem. If anyone has a fix I would like to here it. Our last unit was an attwood and the oven and stovetop were great the suburban is a POS. It does not simmer and the oven burns the bottom of everything , my wife hates it.Sam

So, why don't you buy an Attwood and install it????
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
A diffuser works fine. You can buy one or just use a lid off a large tin can.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Hurricaner wrote:
I have a new suburban oven/cooktop, same problem. If anyone has a fix I would like to here it. Our last unit was an attwood and the oven and stovetop were great the suburban is a POS. It does not simmer and the oven burns the bottom of everything , my wife hates it.

Sam

Pizza stone in the bottom of the oven will smooth out the heat fluctuations.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Get a SimmerMat from Amazon and put a large pizza stone or cast-iron griddle in the bottom of the oven.
-jbh-

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You know.. I kind of WISH I had that problem. My Problem is the big burner is barley hot enough for the old pressure cooker.

The new pressure cooker... is electric and works very well (instant pot).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times