Explorer

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
azrving wrote:
WhitehouseLV wrote:
Y-Guy wrote:
WhitehouseLV wrote:
Our Raptor just sits outside along the house getting beat up by the seasons. Been thinking about selling it.

Good to see you popped in, I do miss your posts! Sounds like you're living the dream though!

haha, don't know if I would call it living the dream, but we enjoy it. I still commute to MT 4 days per week though. Alarm goes off at 3:25am. work a 10+ hr day. repeat Monday thru Thursday. Maybe that's why I haven't posted in a while. lol.

How is the ATV trail riding and boondocking? I started looking at the state trail maps but need to research it more. Thanks

Easy to find boondocking sites. A lot of people will complain about the Sheridan people who leave their RVs on the mountain. They have a 14 day limit in one spot but then they will move them to another area of the mountain. Keep them up there all summer. Iโ€™ve always been able to find a site and we have a 40โ€™ TH. Sometimes weโ€™ve made a new spot. Weโ€™ve left ours up there. Our first summer here we left ours up there It was like a vacation cabin. Iโ€™d get home from work and my son and I would run up the mountain and go motorcycle riding. Stop at the TH and take a break, have lunch, etc then either go ride some more or head back home.

I prefer the forest service maps. You can access them online. There are a lot of trails but quite a few of them dead end and your stuck having to go back on the same trail.

Google Fisher ATV and Bighorn Mountains. Heโ€™s been here twice. Once he stayed at Bear Lodge the other time at Elk View Inn. Not sure youโ€™ll be able to find the first time he visited. But I do know the second time is on YouTube. We saw him riding.

I would also recommend YouTuber Doug Roberts. His videos are of him riding a motorcycle in the Bighorns. His videos tell you what trail heโ€™s on. Not the most entertaining videos but gives you a good idea what the trails are like. At least the ones around the Red Grade area.

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
dedmiston wrote:
WhitehouseLV wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
WhitehouseLV wrote:
That and we've also moved at the base of the mountains...

Cowboy State = WY? What part of the state? Our daughter lived up there for about eight years until she finished her doctorate at UWYO and moved away. She moved all over the place while she was doing her clinicals. Beautiful state.

its a small world.

Bighorn Mountains, they are located north central in Wyoming. We live between Ranchester and Dayton. Nearest metropolis is Sheridan a whoppin 17k for population. Nice to have amenities though. Last place we lived in Montana we were literally 90 miles from the nearest traffic light, McDonalds or Walmart and those things seem to be everywhere. It was like hitting a brick wall coming from Vegas.

If you ever decide to go from Yellowstone to Rushmore were the halfway point. You should put it on your bucket list.

Webcam with views of the Bighorn Mountains

Our daughter ran the Bighorn 100 Miler twice. We think she's nuts.

https://bighorntrailrun.com/100-mile

She is nuts! :B Funny you mention that I was just talking to an employee that works for for our small business who lives by the trail. She was one of the aid stations. She runs. Donโ€™t think sheโ€™s ever done the 100 mile one though. But she was telling stories of people encountering elk, moose, mountain lions, bears. Etc. running through hail, crazy wind and through the night is insane!! My hats off to your daughter though!!

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
WhitehouseLV wrote:
Y-Guy wrote:
WhitehouseLV wrote:
Our Raptor just sits outside along the house getting beat up by the seasons. Been thinking about selling it.

Good to see you popped in, I do miss your posts! Sounds like you're living the dream though!

haha, don't know if I would call it living the dream, but we enjoy it. I still commute to MT 4 days per week though. Alarm goes off at 3:25am. work a 10+ hr day. repeat Monday thru Thursday. Maybe that's why I haven't posted in a while. lol.

How is the ATV trail riding and boondocking? I started looking at the state trail maps but need to research it more. Thanks

dedmiston
WhitehouseLV wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
WhitehouseLV wrote:

Cowboy State = WY? What part of the state? Our daughter lived up there for about eight years until she finished her doctorate at UWYO and moved away. She moved all over the place while she was doing her clinicals. Beautiful state.

its a small world.

Bighorn Mountains, they are located north central in Wyoming. We live between Ranchester and Dayton. Nearest metropolis is Sheridan a whoppin 17k for population. Nice to have amenities though. Last place we lived in Montana we were literally 90 miles from the nearest traffic light, McDonalds or Walmart and those things seem to be everywhere. It was like hitting a brick wall coming from Vegas.

If you ever decide to go from Yellowstone to Rushmore were the halfway point. You should put it on your bucket list.

Our daughter ran the Bighorn 100 Miler twice. We think she's nuts.

https://bighorntrailrun.com/100-mile

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Y-Guy
WhitehouseLV wrote:

Yikes! I came very close to applying for a job in Sheridan this past year. Looked beautiful.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
Y-Guy wrote:
WhitehouseLV wrote:

40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
dedmiston wrote:
WhitehouseLV wrote:

its a small world.

40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

dedmiston
WhitehouseLV wrote:

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Y-Guy
WhitehouseLV wrote:

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
it is a bummer that this forum isn't as active as it once was. I just logged back on to get Christmas ideas but can't find anything in the TH forum or entire RV.net.

I used to post and visit more frequently. enough to recognize a lot of usernames. I think since our kids have gotten older (HS, MS & Elem) and busier with their schedules. I just don't have the time.

That and we've also moved at the base of the mountains (20 minutes to the top), so honestly we don't camp as much as we once did. Now we go ride and come back and enjoy our beds at home at the end of the day.

40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

Steve76eb
Explorer
Explorer
It seems like forums like this are going the way of the Dodo bird. I was just over at pirate4x4 and there was a tread discussing the decline of that site. At one time that was the biggest 4x4 site in the world, now its just a shell of itself. Most people have moved on to FB or Instagram.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
I've always have like this board everyone is so helpful and it's not a bad thing if you get slammed once an awhile on the fun side.

Agree, good info. here

I've joined the Forest River forum since I just bought a FR product. VERY active board and lots of good mods, etc.

And it is NOT owned or run by FR, it is independent.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
I've always have like this board everyone is so helpful and it's not a bad thing if you get slammed once an awhile on the fun side.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus