cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas in Texas

ATSilverstar
Explorer
Explorer
Newbie here wife and I just bought first 35 ft 5th wheel and ready to get out there and do some rv’ing. Just wandering if anyone knows if there are any rv parks in south east Texas that celebrates Christmas with community gatherings/ party’s
14 REPLIES 14

texasjayco
Explorer
Explorer
Here's some links.

Holidays at Texas Parks

Holiday Events

Mark
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
2022 Ford F-450 Limited Diesel Dually

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Texas State Park Events.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I looked around on Grand Ecores website and it seems pretty good. And I'll try to stop calling it Grand ENcore!
I did a couple random dates on their reservation site and they were sold out for the Natchitoches Christmas Celebration. May be some open dates and I just missed them.
I have heard about how great the Christmas festival is for years. I can never remember it until it's too late.
We've been to Natchitoches years ago just riding around and enjoyed it. Cool old homes in town. Get some of those meat pies!
For more info:
natchitocheschristmas.com
Some of my ancestors lived there soon after they immigrated from Belgium in the 1830's.
I get a kick out of folks trying to pronounce it.

nackatish
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
I had that same problem with the satellite view in Google Maps. I can assure you that Grande Ecore is there and is a fine park--not be be confused with the old Morgan RV Park. We stayed there twice--going and coming--on a recent trip to Florida.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
padredw wrote:
Not Texas but Natchitoches LA. has a big Christmas to-do on the Cane River and downtown. Never been but I hear it's well attended. There's a COE park on the Red River near Colfax.

This was exactly my thought. There is a closer COE/River Authority park named "Grand Ecore" which is one of the nicest we've ever stayed in. We have also stayed in the COE park near Colfax, but the one for Natchitoches is "Grand Ecore."

https://grandecorervpark.com/

Grand Encore must be very new. I looked for it on Google satellite and just saw a Morgan RV Park. Then looked at their website and oriented myself from the boat ramp. Satellite view is just showing some dirt work.
We'll check out Grand Encore sometime. Looks good. We have ties to the area. My Mom went to college in Natchitoches and taught school nearby. Family is from nearby.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Hidalgo and RGV is a pretty good hike from Houston. 5+ hours. Definitely south Texas but not SE like the OP wanted though.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Many of the private parks in the Rio Grande Valley have Christmas celebrations. Two of my most memorable Christmases were celebrated at a park in Weslaco

As mentioned - be sure to go to Hidalgo. The number of displays is unbelievable. Take the wagon ride to see all the lights. We also enjoyed a dinner before taking the wagon ride, then came back to listen to a choir perform. It was a really nice evening taking everything in.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Not Texas but Natchitoches LA. has a big Christmas to-do on the Cane River and downtown. Never been but I hear it's well attended. There's a COE park on the Red River near Colfax.

This was exactly my thought. There is a closer COE/River Authority park named "Grand Ecore" which is one of the nicest we've ever stayed in. We have also stayed in the COE park near Colfax, but the one for Natchitoches is "Grand Ecore."

https://grandecorervpark.com/

Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm surprised Brackenridge Park doesn't list Christmas activities on their calendar. They throw one heck of a 4th of July party. You might want to call them and ask
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

ATSilverstar
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the quick response. We are going to look into all the suggestions. I figured there would be some kind of celebrations.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hidalgo, Texas has a huge Christmas celebration. It's on the Southern Tip of Texas.

HERE are some pictures. Google Maps will pinpoint the area.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many of the private owned parks have a Christmas Dinner and celebration for their campers. Check rvparkreviews.com for a list of parks in the city you want to be near. From their page there will be a link to the park websites. You may be able to find what you are looking for on their websites.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I live in SE Texas but can't think of a state park around here that has a Christmas celebration. May be one though.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Fredericksburg has a multitude of weekend events during Christmas.