cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quartzite RV Parks ?

JMCC730248
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning a trip toQZ in January for the rv show;having never been there I would appreciate your recommendations for a full hook up rv park;I am on a fixed income ,so obviously I am looking for something reasonably priced;Thanks :Tom
2016 Ford F250 Diesel short bed 6speed automatic
06 jayco eagle 301rls,retired and loving it, TOM .............don,t look back something might be gaining on you..........
19 REPLIES 19

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Why not just park at the Walmart, Costco, Homedepot, Lowes and Cracker Barrel?

Last time I looked, they were packed.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why not just park at the Walmart, Costco, Homedepot, Lowes and Cracker Barrel?
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Big Katuna wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Being the fussbudget that I am, it's Quail Run, not Quails run. ๐Ÿ™‚
In Quartzsite. ๐Ÿ™‚
Yep!

Gee thanks guys, some of us almost lost sleep over those little items.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
I second the Quartzsite boondocking. They make it so easy $40/week or $180/Season. They supply water, waste dump and dumpsters. It has a great view. Not like the view in a Quartzsite RV Park--The view out your window of your neighbors waste pipe and having to listen and smell his bathroom exhaust fan.........in the tightly spaced areas. But to each his own.
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Boondock, they make it so easy there!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
2oldman wrote:
In Quartzsite. ๐Ÿ™‚
Yep!
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:

In Quartzsite. ๐Ÿ™‚
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

JMCC730248
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replyโ€™s;
2016 Ford F250 Diesel short bed 6speed automatic
06 jayco eagle 301rls,retired and loving it, TOM .............don,t look back something might be gaining on you..........

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Today Quails Run has the 26th 17th and 28th 2 $35.00/night.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Dry camping is a bunch cheaper and a better experience. Use the money you save to upgrade your batteries and buy a solar system.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rice Ranch is sort of an RV Park with the best location in town. Just a huge gravel lot that has lots of full hook ups that go for around $35. We stay there every year but just dry camp for $7 a night.

It is located at the southeast corner of 95 and Kuehn which puts you about a couple of hundred yards from the big tent and all of the swap meet action... just park and walk everywhere and avoid all of the traffic.

:C

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
You can also try Quails Run, we have never stayed in a private campground but we did investigate this one and it was well recommended. As has been stated it is very late to be looking so better get started.

We will be out at Hi Jolly dispersed area if you are interested in that for later, we would enjoy a visit and show you around. PM me, if interested.

David Bishop
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
If you really want a full hookup site start checking now. Several friends have found places are filling up. Last I heard B23(I think that was name) had spots. Don't know anything about the place, friends just found openings there.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand