Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Urban Meyer 7 - Michigan 0
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Urban Meyer 7 - Michigan 0

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Skid Row Joe

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/18 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The question is whether they're going to the Final Four. That's all that counts at the end of the day. Roll Tide Roll! #1=Alabama

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/18 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bags - Glad you could return to the keyboard, and doing much better. And congratulations to your team.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/26/18 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bags!!! Welcome back amongst the living, man! We missed you.

And, yeah, that was a really amazing beat down. I spent the afternoon at Buffalo Wild Wings, sitting at the bar nursing a beer, and seated beside a Michigan fan. We got along great, save that he was not an especially happy camper about the game. We agreed the refs were overzealous on pass interference, and that there were a number of calls that looked bad to us both, that they went both ways, and that there were just no excuses. At half-time, I asked him which team he thought was playing better, and he allowed that there was no question in his mind the Buckeyes owned the first half, even though they had given up those two touchdowns just before the break that made it 24-19, and that the game wasn't anywhere near that close.

The funny thing is, he had ducked out to take a leak with 40 seconds to go, and missed the entire muffed kick-off and TD. When he got back, it was just in time to see the replay, so all wasn't lost.

But Bags, it's really great to hear you are doing so well, health wise. Go, Bags, Go!

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/18 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone, and I'm chomping at the bit to watch OSU play Northwestern in Lucas Oil Stadium this Saturday night! If the Bucks blows away Northwestern, I think OSU has a decent chance of making the final four and lets face it, Ohio State means big time TV ratings and higher ratings means more money! Bags.

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/28/18 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not so optimistic, Bags. I think there's way too much of an improbable nature has to happen for the Buckeyes to join the Final Four. First, Buckeyes have to beat Northwestern. Not improbable, but not a gimme, either. Then Alabama has to administer a thorough beat down of Georgia OR Pitt has to knock off Clemson. In addition, Texas has to beat Oklahoma, again. And while this last is the most likely of the three, it still takes two of them to happen for the Buckeyes. I think that most likely that loss to Purdue is going to prove as fatal as the loss to Iowa last year.

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/18 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm with naturist here. It is going to be very hard for Ohio State to overcome the beating they took from the 6-6 Purdue team. I think their only real hope is that Alabama beats the snot out of UGA (possible, but not likely) or Texas beats Oklahoma (again, possible but not likely). I don't think Pitt beating Clemson is likely at all, but then the OSU vs Purdue game is a prime example of you never know until they play the game.

Either way, I guess since I don't have a dog in the fight this year, I can just enjoy the games.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/18 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with naturist & p220sigman especially seeing the BUCKS are rated #6. If OSU beats Northwestern 59 - 0, like back in 2014 when they throttled Wisconsin, then maybe perhaps the Buckeyes gets in! No way does Pitt beat Clemson, Texas/Oklahoma is a toss up, and Alabama should beat Georgia, but that isn't a given! Even if Ohio State beats Northwestern and goes to the Rose Bowl, I can live with that. Bags.

kellertx5er

Keller TX

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/18 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How can any big 12 team get into the top 5 without playing defense, or playing any other team with a defense* ALL season long. ou is 111 out of 129 in total defense. Yes they are #1 in offense, but OSU is #2 in offense, #67 in defense.

* actually, texas is #63 in defense. That makes ONE!

Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/18 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting. But one scenario none of us has considered: what if Georgia beats the snot out of 'Bama? Does a one loss 'Bama squad trump one loss Oklahoma and one loss OSU?

What if Pitt beats Clemson, too? which of those 4 one-loss teams gets in?

* This post was edited 12/01/18 04:38pm by naturist *

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/18 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

naturist wrote:

Interesting.

What if Pitt beats Clemson, too? which of those 4 one-loss teams gets in?

I'll put in a shameless plug for the University of Central Florida. Yeah they are not a Power 5 conference team, but they are undefeated 2 years in a row, and conference championship 2 years in a row. Then there would be 4 unbeaten teams in the championship 4. Throw 'em in the dog fight and then we'll know what they're made of. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Urban Meyer 7 - Michigan 0
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.