cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake Bruin State Park, Louisiana

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Spent Thanksgiving week at Lake Bruin State Park in Louisiana. Returned home late last night. Round trip, plus extra driving, approximately 2000 miles. Truck towed marvelously. It ranged from 9.1 mpg to 11.1 mpg, so figure over all average is still 10 mpg. Not bad for pulling 13,000 pounds!

The state park IS everything it's pictured to be. What a beautiful park.

Click here for more details

Here's some pics of our campsite (site 18) and some from the park. Our one regret about going to this park ... we didn't bring the canoe with us. We should have!

Um... yes ... this is the main road going to the campsites!

Never expected to see this in November, but this ain't Indiana either!

It really is this pretty! In my opinion, we had absolutely best campsite! Really! Water and Electric, no sewage. And the blue tote came in handy once again!
8 REPLIES 8

Crodad
Explorer
Explorer
DannyA wrote:
Great pictures. Been looking for a state campground in Louisiana with views just like that. I was looking for one near Lafayette for the Cajun food. If anyone knows of one I would be interested in the name.

The best bets for you around Lafayette would be Chicot SP, Palmetto Island SP and Lake Fausse Point SP. Lake Charles has Sam Houston Jones SP.

Private Park I would suggest Frenchman's Wilderness RV park at Butte La Rose. Get a Swamp tour of Henderson swamp.
2015 F-250 PSD 4x4 XLT
2016 Silverback 31RK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARCOFLIDLAMSMTNVNMTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
DannyA wrote:
Great pictures. Been looking for a state campground in Louisiana with views just like that. I was looking for one near Lafayette for the Cajun food. If anyone knows of one I would be interested in the name.
Cajun Palms Resort is a very nice park. I believe it is at Henderson, La.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

DannyA
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks a bunch for the post. Heading down that way late Feb and will have to add that to our list.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I was just up in your neighborhood a few weeks ago. Stayed at Ohio's Grand Lake St Mary State Park and went to Eldora Speedway. Hope to go back and do USAC Midget Speedweek in Indiana.
If you haven't been further south in Louisiana Cajun country you ought to come back and visit. Lots of good food and a different culture. We live in SE Texas but our family is from Louisiana. We drive over for lunch sometimes. LOL
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
First time there.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Great photos. Nice park.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Dang that's pretty. Love those big cypress.
Y'all been down here before?
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive