cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Noise In Water Heater

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
When I turn the faucet for hot water the water going thru the water heater makes a noise that I have not heard before. I hear the noise whether on city water or the water pump.! Wonder if any one else ever had this problem?
Thanks For All Comments
6 REPLIES 6

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Not the mixer valve in my case, as I had that replaced for other issues last summer. Once re-installed my "issues" were resolved, but I still had the noise. I regret not having the hot out check valve replaced during the same service call, as I still have the "noise."
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information!

et2
Explorer
Explorer
We use to have that problem on our old rig. Many rigs have a mixer valve. It too builds up with calcium and starts to moan, squeal, so to speak. You might notice a decrease in water pressure too. It mixes the hot and cold water ( thru hot water line). It allows the hot water tank to heat hotter and not burn you by mixing with cold as you turn on a faucet.

Three times we replaced this in just over 5 years. Note item below might not be for your rig

https://www.amazon.com/Atwood-90029-Mixing-Valve-Heater/dp/B00HTN4PXE

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
YEP^^^^^

Bad valve as in Check Valve in Water Heater Tank HOT Out

Scale/calcium build up and valve chatters
Cheap plastic plunger/spring/o-ring assembly
Usually when they start chattering they eventually fail...plunger gets stuck, o-ring get dislodged, valve body gets plugged....then it's all quiet cause NO hot water flows out
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Bad valve is right but I let ours just make the noise and it quit after a couple of years.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Bad valve had the same problem this year
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks