cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waste vacuum pump

Speedy921
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Pace Arrow 36D. Bath and a half unit. It has a vacuum pump to flush been working fine until this past weekend. It is a SeaLand “VacuFlush”. The green light letting me know it’s ready to flush will not come on. Stays red all the time. My question is, where the hell is it ? Under toilet ? Near holding tank ? No where in the owners manual does it tell me where this vacuum pump is.

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

Speedy921
Explorer
Explorer
It was exactly where Chuck said.

Speedy921
Explorer
Explorer
No pump running. Found the pump. Tank is empty. I think it might be the circuit breaker. Wish I knew how to post a picture.

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
If it stays red but you don't hear the pump running, the black tank is full.

If it stays red and you hear the pump running, its either a cracked bellows or a vacuum leak. Chances are, a cracked bellows.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
The vacuum pump is located in the same bay as the fresh water tank, pretty much directly below the kitchen cabinet. You access it through the basement door that contains the outdoor stereo. wa8yxm is correct, if the tank is full you will not get a green light.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The controller and all the electrioncs are the panel the push button is on (Save perhaps for a relay near the motor) The sensors are in the black tank. IT is telling you the tank is full DO NOT FLUSH.> Wish mine did that but alas.. THey did not put the sensors in.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

grumpy3b
Explorer
Explorer
look under the bed toward the back wall? thing about things like this is RV mfg's never build two of them the same way. that can make the hunt a challenge.

otherwise follow the outflow tubing from the fresh water tank?

oops, just realized yours is a vacuum flush toilet. we're simple gravity flush. I did find this page with general plumbing diagram that you prolly already found.

https://www.marinesan.com/VacuFlush-Parts-and-VacuFlush-systems-s/33.htm

it's a start anyway.