Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Roadside Assistance Plans??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Roadside Assistance Plans??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
joelc

Cedar Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/18 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coach-net. No other. No problems with them ever. Had major problems and have also heard recent horror stories with Good Sam.

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/18 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kioticoachman wrote:

craig7h wrote:

I have and had GS Roadside for many years and have had very good success with them. I also have AAA for more car type issues, even though my GS covers cars. When looking for one to cover your RV, to me it comes down to where the company will tow you to. How far or to where it seem GS covers towing to the first place that will repair.

Thank you! What becomes interesting, as I've noticed and please don't take this the wrong way, is my Auto insurance carrier will not cover/offer roadside assistance on my RV unless it is i$$ured by them.

Also I believe some of the Roadside carriers mentioned will increase your renewal rate significantly even if you don't have any claims the first year?? and you don't find out until renewal is due. I don't get it!

AAA will. They covered our road service when we changed to a different auto insurance years ago, they kept raising our auto rates. We left them for a number of years and recently went back as they are the lowest quoted once again. But you did have to stay a auto club member and pay the yearly fees.

kioticoachman

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/18 07:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

kioticoachman wrote:

Thank you! What becomes interesting, as I've noticed and please don't take this the wrong way, is my Auto insurance carrier will not cover/offer roadside assistance on my RV unless it is i$$ured by them.

not strange at all. if the RV isn't insured by the company then why should they provide roadside service for it?

In order to try to accommodate My multiple Auto & Home owner insurance carrier. I gave them the opportunity to give me an insurance quote for my RV to have them cover everything. It turned out that their Quote was over two times of the same coverage what I can get from my current carrier. That's what's strange!

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/18 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kioticoachman wrote:

rk911 wrote:

kioticoachman wrote:

not strange at all. if the RV isn't insured by the company then why should they provide roadside service for it?

In order to try to accommodate My multiple Auto & Home owner insurance carrier. I gave them the opportunity to give me an insurance quote for my RV to have them cover everything. It turned out that their Quote was over two times of the same coverage what I can get from my current carrier. That's what's strange!

too bad. it is nice to have everything with one carrier.

'73,
rich, n9dko
If Jimmy cracks corn and nobody cares then why does he keep doing it?
'03 Jeep Wrangler TJ
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

doxiemom11

Somewhere between MI and TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/18 11:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Because you have a motorhome, make sure whatever plan you purchase covers "motorized" rvs. Some plans are only for towables. The plans for motorized rv's usually costs more. We have our motorhome, jeep, trailer and motorcycles all covered under coachnet - 1 plan.

Gottahaveit

Stockton CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/18 11:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I shop every yr and Progressive beats them all hands down. I don't have autos with them.

40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/18 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AAA road side assistance plan.
Buyer beware! Do some research about rather AAA RSA plans are provided universally throughout the U.S., by state, by counties, by cities, by towns. Make sure you read the list of exceptions for your various vehicles.

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/18 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One thing I ponder is that, if I had put aside the cost of a road service plan every year 40 years ago I would have lots of money left over after paying cash for what little roadside assistance I have needed. Pretty much the same for paid warranties. Heck, a retirement plan.

Jayco-noslide

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Roadside Assistance Plans??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS