Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: operator commanded regeeneration ford diesel.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> operator commanded regeeneration ford diesel.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/18 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rjstractor wrote:

Edd505 wrote:

What has trim level got to do with it? It's the same engine no matter the trim level or body style.

Correct, but the operator regen requires a program change, and Ford offered that only on lower trim models, at least in '15. Makes no sense whatsoever, I would hope that the program change could be made by the dealer.

I think because it was primarily for fleets which typically would have the lower trim levels. It is nice if it is now an easy option for the general consumer.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/18 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Gee, just a little hard to understand your post. Regenerate more clearly.

Or you could up your comprehension level a bit and stop being so obtuse.....just sayin.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/03/18 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Willcamp4 wrote:

Mine unfortunately runs when the computer determines it's necessary. Having had it kick on while idling, I can only say I hope that never happens again. I have had it kick on while pulling into the driveway or when arriving at a destination and the offensive odor emitted is one to avoid. It would be a terrific thing to be able to plan ahead for a regen as long as it doesn't get delayed until problems occur. Trying to guess when it is coming in the older trucks is seemingly impossible, except that it rarely happens when towing as the extra heat inside the exhaust helps keep it cleaner. For those with the 19s, I would get the program.

Towing did not keep mine from regen. Last summer it did regen multi times pulling a 12-13K 5W through the mountains in UT. I think that issue was I was not able to hold a constant speed long enough, but that is just a guess.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/18 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Towing or working the engine does not eliminate regens.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/05/18 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Into the dealer today for a recall issue. Said they can not turn on operator regen or DPF screen.

shum02

Burlington ON CDA

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/18 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Edd505 wrote:

Into the dealer today for a recall issue. Said they can not turn on operator regen or DPF screen.

It is said that the Edge Insight CTS and Autel MaxiCheck Pro can prompt a manual regen on 2015 and below trucks. This is what I have heard.

2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/18 01:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been reading on Forscan a free download that is supposed to access a bunch on things Ford has turned off: Operator regen, DPF % of full, running light, turn off bed light when opening door ect. Anyone know anything about this??

ol Bombero-JC

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/18 03:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Gee, just a little hard to understand your post. Regenerate more clearly.javascript:;

It's fun and games with post 2006 diesels.

"Regurgitation" for the owners - buck$ for the dealers..[emoticon]

~

transamz9

Lawrenceburg Ky

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/18 04:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Towing or working the engine does not eliminate regens.

I have not had my 2017 service truck have a noticeable regen.
It has 4.88 gears and weighs over 19,000# 100% of the time. I drive it like it's a 6,000# half ton. I wonder if keeping the exhaust temps high causes the regens to be less noticeable? Even with the PTO engaged the the EG will peel hide. Lol my Em-Pac and outrigger controls cause me to stand right at the exhaust exit. It's super heated all the time.

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

moresmoke

On the beach of lake Agassiz

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/18 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Edd505 wrote:

Been reading on Forscan a free download that is supposed to access a bunch on things Ford has turned off: Operator regen, DPF % of full, running light, turn off bed light when opening door ect. Anyone know anything about this??

Russian hackers are good for something! Forscan is basically reverse engineered pirate software that lets you access Ford control systems. What you can do varies by model and year. It does take a bit of studying to learn the system.

I successfully turned off the TPMS light in my F250 with it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> operator commanded regeeneration ford diesel.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS