cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quilting in Yuma?

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
I am asking this question for my wife who belongs to a quilting club ihere in Oregon. I am the one who wants to winter in the Foothills, where we have a park model on a private lot. We tow our travel trailer and she uses it for a quilting room.

The problem is that she misses her weekly get together with other quilters and, so far, she has been unable to find a group in the Foothills area. Most of those we have turned up are specific to an rv park or resort---and don't seem to be very receptive to nonresidents.

Does anyone here have any ideas? Would appreciate it if you would share them with us.

Thanks.
Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
6 REPLIES 6

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
My wife quilts with the gals at Sunset Palms RV Park when we are in Yuma. There are always several gals from outside the park who quilt there.

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all who responded. We are in transit to Yuma now, so I haven't been able to check in until now. Again, many thanks.
Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab

ken1961
Explorer
Explorer
My wife said to find a quilt store and they can fill all of your needs.
I've spend many hours waiting for her in quilt stores and customers give the greatest advice. Just don't say " what are you going to do with this material, you have too much now".
Ken

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are also senior citizen centers with these type of activities. You can join in while you are there . Dances, cards, quilting, jewelry making etc. Some of the parks may have groups that do quilting also.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
I have a friend who has lived full-time in Yuma for many years and she has a friend who is a quilter. That person has provided some advice. I will try to send it to you in a PM.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

A1B00902
Explorer
Explorer
I know of some quilter on 49 drive in the foot hills