cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinghy

PaulPrince
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone flat towed a Cadillac XT4 or 5? User manual says it cannot be dinghy towed but we have seen them flat towed.
Same question for Lexus RX350.
Same question for Jaguar F Pace.

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

I'm not sure what the 'quoted' member was talking about? There's only one moderator in 'Forum Posting Help and Support', and I have not visited this forum all day today until now? Either referring to another forum, or doesn't know what he/she is talking about?

In any case, the 'quoted' member's original post was deleted which was not accurate, nor in any way constructive, just apparently to troll. Which has been a habit, and reaching a limit where it will no longer be tolerated.

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
Moderator visits, doesn't move post. Interesting.

It's possible that moderator either doesn't have permissions to this forum, or is not the moderator for this forum...

Admins typically have rights to all forums. Moderators may not.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Part of the reasoning behind manufacturers no longer stating vehicles are dingy towable is due to warranty concerns. First, dingy towing does not register on the odometer, so the dingy could have traveled a lot further than the maximum warranty miles and still be covered. Second, dingy towing is a tiny percentage of sales of any vehicle, so why would a manufacturer take a chance on providing warranty coverage on usage that they almost assuredly have not fully researched. I am sure that the potential warranty costs vs an increased sales benefit to a manufacturer is out of whack. Missing a couple of sales probably is a price they are more than willing to pay. It is very possible that flat towing many vehicles is actually safe and would do no harm to the vehicle, but the manufacturer just made the financial decision to not take any warranty chances.

Y-Guy
There is an existing thread in the Dinghy Towing Forum about the XT4.

You can find it *here*

It is possible that other years may have been flat towable but when I looked up the 2019 it was very clear is is not. You take the risk of damage on yourself. I wouldn't risk it.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Like with all GM vehicles within the last 5 model years, it all depends on the year, model, engine, transmission and drive system. Oh and now it seems it also depends on fuel type. Some vehicles the GM said was four-down towable are now listed as not towable, even if all the specs were the same. Part of it has to due with straight mechanical issues while other reasons are based on electrical configuration. Since there are many engines, drive, transmission, and package combinations, GM appears to just say no going forward. There was a time the dealer would contact GM's owner's technical center and based on the VIN, they would provide instructions to make it four down towable. Now dealers stick to whatever it says manual and no longer provide workarounds.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Since youโ€™ve seen them flat towed Iโ€™d do it despite what GM/Cadillac says...not.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad