cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toad insurance

ms_kitty
Explorer
Explorer
Possibly everyone but me knows but my toad was totalled and my insurance company (usaa) considered the tow bracket and lighting harness for 4 wheel down towing to have $0 value. It was @ $1000 to install on my replacement vehicle.

My advice is check with your insurance company & if you're a usaa customer, consider your options & risk.

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
8 REPLIES 8

TripleE
Explorer
Explorer
My tow vehicle was in an accident, but not while towing. At the time we were fulltimers and insured by GMAC. Since the damage was to the front of the car they replaced the tow brackets with no additional cost to me. Depends on the insurance company?
Bill & Treasa
Our Blog
USMC Retired MGySGT
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40AD
400 Cummins, Freightliner chassis
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X4

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
IB853347201 wrote:
Yes, I would expect that much like any after market upgrades, you would have to register them with the insurance company and request coverage.

X2
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You would have had to buy extra coverage for them originally.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting first post.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
21st Century asks us yearly about โ€œextraโ€ equipment added to our vehicles and I dutifully and truthfully say โ€œnone.โ€
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think aftermarket accessories like dumb looking rims or a stereo add any value either.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, I would expect that much like any after market upgrades, you would have to register them with the insurance company and request coverage.
2010 Suncruiser