cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nova Scotia

bdhoun
Explorer
Explorer
We're thinking of heading east to Nova Scotia next summer for a total 14 day trip. Starting from S. Ontario so we are aware we won't be able to visit the whole province. Any recommendations? Probably will take 2 days to get there and two on the way back leaving 10 days in N.S. Not interested in visiting Halifax on this trip. What do you think?
'14 Ford F-150 eco screw max tow, 3.5, 3.73's
'16 Freedom Express 257 BHS
and Equal-i-zer
7 REPLIES 7

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
sounds good!

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
When traveling, I have always felt it is better to really see a smaller area, rather than a quick drive by for the sake of saying you have been there. What are your interests? If you enjoy hiking, I would consider doing the Cape Breton Trail and spending 2 or 3 nights along the trail to provide time for some of the wonderful hikes.

Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg are also worth a visit, albeit rather touristy, but worth the experience. We also have spent time doing Digby Neck and whale watching while in the area. As suggested, Annapolis Valley is also nice.

With the limited time you have available, I suggest you study the Doers and Dreamers Guide and pick the area(s) that is of most interest to you.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will pretty much have to decide whether to do north or south. Get the Nova Scotia Dreamers and Doers Guide - it's free. It even has different routes laid out for specific interests (e.g., lighthouse route).
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Fortress of Louisbourg above all else.

:B
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

dkilley
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently the Tattoo in Halifax is great. Its the first part of July...we have tickets to go already book. Must drive the Cabot trail and of course take home one of those old lobster traps.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Digby Neck - do the Ocean Explorations zodiac whale watching tour in Tiverton. It was amazing. And the area is beautiful.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
bdhoun wrote:
We're thinking of heading east to Nova Scotia next summer for a total 14 day trip. Starting from S. Ontario so we are aware we won't be able to visit the whole province. Any recommendations? Probably will take 2 days to get there and two on the way back leaving 10 days in N.S. Not interested in visiting Halifax on this trip. What do you think?

Anapolis valey is nice,especialy during apple picking season..