cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

canopy/ tent

scooterh
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for suggestions on a small canopy /tent to use while staying for extended time.
I'm thinking something around 6' to 8'.
Gazelle and Clam quickset looks interesting.
10 REPLIES 10

scooterh
Explorer
Explorer
I really like the Clam for the ease of setup, but I like the Eurmax for versatility. I have an email into Eurmax asking if the water bottles that attach to canopy legs are safe to use for drinking water. I seriously doubt it, but would be nice if they could pull double duty.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
It's tough to find anything smaller than 10X10 so read carefully before you buy.

There are 8X8's out there.

Also any price around $35 dollars and you'll get a canopy that requires you to put poles together... it won't be a pop up type.

Camp_woof
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Clam, it is amazing. It's incredibly sturdy. The sham on the bottom keeps out bugs. The wind panels are good for wind or privacy.

Setup/takedown easily attracts a crowd because if I hurry I think I can get it up in 1 minute. And, incredibly, it easily fits back in it's carry sack. Less than 2 minutes to put it back in the sack. This is rushing/racing, but if everyone is watching ...

5/5 stars!

Dave

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Dick's Sporting Goods. We've had these a few years now. Take care of them, take the cover off when it rains so it doesn't pool and make sure they are put up when the wind kicks up, and they last a long time. We have 2 of them. Tilt them, angle them, move them around, use with the awning as an extension of the awning, even used them for a wedding reception outside once.

And then we added this to our portfolio of camping essentials. Got it through WalMart.com, and shipped to the hosue:

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hereโ€™s a link to the one I have. Seems to be on sale now for $68.86. It is 10x 10. The 15x13 is a little more but still less than $100.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00339C3G4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_rJSbCbZ3W6W8M

Hereโ€™s what it looks like.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Son of Norway wrote:
x2 on the Eurmax. They are in a different league than those available in stores. Get the large size sandbags for the 4 corners. Drop the canopy down if a wind comes up.

Yep, what he said...

Mine came with tie down straps and stakes too. I got the big bags too, works well.

When wind picks up 20+mph, I'll drop the canopy as 'SoN' notes, but if stronger, I'll Furl the canopy and bungi it to one side.

I drop the 'Windward?' side legs to make it easier.
Then detach the velcro corners and don't forget the straps along the sides and then furl it back towards me, wind keeps it flapping away.

Once furled then those little red ball looped bungee cords to secure it to the frame... Just save time putting everything back up and rarely needed..
(Older pic with a teardrop, but same idea)
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on the Eurmax. They are in a different league than those available in stores. Get the large size sandbags for the 4 corners. Drop the canopy down if a wind comes up.
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

wra
Explorer
Explorer
Search the internet for "Party Tent" There are a lot of them.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a Coleman pop-up with net walls. Walls are helpful during bug season.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Well, for Canopies I would suggest the Eurmax ones, coml grade.

I've gone through the Cheaper ones, EZ, Shelter etc.. which will work, but the Eurmax is a higher/stronger rig... Just got recently and am impressed.

While a little more $$$, the ease of use, strength etc make it worth while, IMNSO....

You have to think about the worst conditions, wind, Rain, Wind... oh, did I mention 'Wind'? heheh. I used to get the 12x12s but figured, I'm solo, so the 10x10 is perfect. 10x10s become 8x8s in the rain..

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H1MG37Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website