$2.99 in Anchorage, AK
Ron & Del
2003 Fleetwood, Storm 30H
P32 Chassis
Part-Timer, Retired

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
I vaguely remember the odd even gas days, but not as a driver...as a kid fighting with my sister in the back seat of moms Oldsmobile 98 Regency as we sat in line.
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
Like Down Home I also had a 340 Duster. It was a 72 and odd even gas rationing was the law at the time. My now wife was at school in Ashland VA and if I went down Friday night from northern VA I couldn't come home until Sunday that thing drank so much gas. My foot may have had something to do with it :). The days of Sunoco 260, gone but not forgotten.

1971 Duster 340 with 3.90 posi, auto, gold with gold leaf vinyl top bench seat. 295 hp vs 350 hp by nhra. Got rubber on every gar change and it whinny right before change as it held in gear until shifted til next gear.
110 it started popping, Thermo Quad, Stock fuel pump couldn't keep up.
Oil pan baffle rattled like a can of rocks.

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
3.25 to 3.55 ish here is Seattle area. Our local refineries were in a curtailment mode due to a ruptured natural gas line in British Columbia affecting power production.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
My local grocery store ( Hy-Vee) has a thing going on whit one of the local convenience stores (Casey's) . If you purchase certain products at the store you get Cents off per gallon. By shopping carefully Last year I once got the price of gas down to 99 cents.

That's rare though. And, it's hard to do. You have to buy a large amount of what ever food they have on special.

I once ended up with 5 boxes of Fruit Loops. I don't even like Fruit Loops that much. I did get them all eaten but, they were tasting funny toward the end. Kinda tasted like fruit flavored cardboard.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like Down Home I also had a 340 Duster. It was a 72 and odd even gas rationing was the law at the time. My now wife was at school in Ashland VA and if I went down Friday night from northern VA I couldn't come home until Sunday that thing drank so much gas. My foot may have had something to do with it :). The days of Sunoco 260, gone but not forgotten.
Puma 30RKSS

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
2.27 in NJ. YAY!
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Saw 1.89 today.
Back in fifties Uncle in Monroe City Indiana said thy sold for .19 a gallon.
Distributor got.01 and they got .01 per gallon. Seems he said it was cheaper than that just before but I don't remember.
I remember .29 gallon for regular and .32 for high test. That was in the early an mid sixties. A high School Student could with a part time job afford the most wicked hot rods available. Three dollars worth of gas meant a full week end of cruising, fishing etc. In early seventies 340 Duster or 400ci Plymouth 20.00 to Michigan 600 miles and back on long weekend.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
DarkSkySeeker wrote:
Diesel $4.05 in northern CA.
Same price here on Nantucket. Makes everywhere we travel a bargain. :B

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
$1.939 in northwest Louisiana.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel $4.05 in northern CA.
There is something special about camping in an RV.

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
$2.03 in NE at Sam's Club.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
wanderingaimlessly wrote: