cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thousand Trails/Encore Trails Collection info?

Still_Searchin_
Explorer
Explorer
For Thousand Trails members, the Trails Collection is available for an extra $214/year. Anyone have experience using Encore parks under this program? The problem as I see it is only 10 sites are set aside in the Encore parks for Trails Collection members, and I'm thinking those spots will be hard to get during camping season???
2011 Jayco Eagle Lite 256rks 28ft. travel trailer; Reese SC hitch
2010 Chevy Silverado 2500 6L w/3.73 differential
Member: TTN, Escapees, Good Sam
3x around USA, traveling about 6 mo/year
10 REPLIES 10

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Still Searchin' wrote:
UPDATE needed: How has the Trails Collection worked in Florida for both last winter and this winter?? How many nites are you able to get at Florida Encore parks here in Florida? thanks.

We are Elite TT members and have the TC add-on. The Elite membership allows us to go directly park to park. You may go park to park from TT to TC and vice versa but not TC to TC. Once you stay at a TC park, you must be out of the TC system for a week.

Zone pass members have a week out between both types of stays.

Past winters were easier to get into Trails Collection parks. 2017/2018 was great, we got into anywhere we wanted when we wanted (except for the Keys); 2018/2019 was a little more difficult and we found availability at fewer parks. And this year (2019/2020), it's been much more difficult but I've still been able to maintain in the TT/TC system for a majority of the winter.

Last winter, I had the following stays:
- 11/11-11/12/2018, TC Tropical Palms, Kissimmee, FL
- 11/20-12/1/2018, TC Tropical Palms, Kissimmee, FL
- 1/4-1/5/2019, TT Orlando, Clermont, FL
- 1/5-1/13/2019, TC Sherwood Forest, Kissimmee, FL
- 1/19-2/2/2019, TT Orlando, Clermont, FL
- 2/2-2/12/2019, TC Breezy Hill, Pompano Beach, FL
- 2/12-2/25/2019, TT Peace River, Wauchula, FL
- 3/24-4/2/2019, TC Harbor Lakes, Port Charlotte, FL

This winter, I stayed at a TT park for 1/2 of November and I just pay for a park for all of December (same as last year), so my reservations don't start until 2020:
- 11/17-12/1/2019, TT Orlando, Clermont, FL
- 1/1-1/14/2020, TC Tropical Palms, Kissimmee, FL
- 1/14-1/28/2020, TT Orlando, Clermont, FL
- 2/1-2/15/2020, TC Sunshine Daytona, Daytona Beach, FL

I will most likely head to a TC park on 2/22 for a week while we go to the Strawberry Festival. And then I'll try to hit the Keys in the second half of March or the first half of April.

The key to the TT/TC system is to not get too hung up on when you want to be places.

And the last tip that I have (one which I haven't been following myself!) is reservations open online at midnight central time. In the past, I've been known to search for reservations at 1am ET.

More limitations:
- you may only have 2 high use TT reservations on the books at a time
- you may only have 2 high use TC reservations on the books at a time
- the booking window for TC is 60 days out
- the booking window for TT is up to your contract (we have 120 days at most parks)
- and the not prorating thing is real; I purchased in September and my contract year was up in December (I knew what I was doing and it paid for itself, but be aware)
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
PGCR wrote:
The only part of the Collections add-on is the pricing structure. I'm not concerned with the $199 as advertised on their website, but I find it odd that it isn't prorated and renews on your TT anniversary date. Our date is in March, so if we added it today, it would be $199 for 3 1/2 months, then another annual renewal cost of $199. Why make it an annual fee based on the date of enrollment...the fine print I guess!

Maybe I'm not following you guys but couldn't you just start a new membership today in another name-say your DW/DH or even the dog's name? That'd give you a full year at the full price.

Still_Searchin_
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE needed: How has the Trails Collection worked in Florida for both last winter and this winter?? How many nites are you able to get at Florida Encore parks here in Florida? thanks.

PGCR
Explorer
Explorer
As per their website (Trails Collection), renewal dates are as follows: "I understand that my membership in The Trails Collection Reciprocal Program is separate and distinct from my existing Thousand Trails membership and that I must maintain my existing Thousand Trails membership in good standing. In addition, I understand that the dues for membership in The Trails Collection Reciprocal Program are currently $199 per year and that I will be charged $199 for the partial year beginning today and ending on the anniversary date of my existing Thousand Trails membership. The $199 dues will not be prorated for this partial year."

ktjensen
Explorer
Explorer
1) do not think it is same renewal date. TT and TC are different dates, but will need to double check.

2) We stayed in cape cod (Dennis) for two weeks in early fall. It was great on the TC plan.

3) The alternative is the RPI program ans that costs $125 for a discount on the campgrounds you will stay at. Discounts get you into the $20 to $30 a night range for a lot of other campgrounds.

PGCR
Explorer
Explorer
The only part of the Collections add-on is the pricing structure. I'm not concerned with the $199 as advertised on their website, but I find it odd that it isn't prorated and renews on your TT anniversary date. Our date is in March, so if we added it today, it would be $199 for 3 1/2 months, then another annual renewal cost of $199. Why make it an annual fee based on the date of enrollment...the fine print I guess!

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
So far I have not had any issues making reservations but I think if I were to try to get into a campground in Florida during the winter season I would likely be out of luck as you can only book 60 days in advance.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

Still_Searchin_
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. Someday I may have to get on Facebook. Anybody have problems making reservations under the Trails Collection program??

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
We have purchased and have used it. Was happy with it so far and for us it paid for itself with the first trip.

Rob
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Facebook Thousand Trails Page "Thousand Trails-The Good and the Bad", its a member generated page. Most that have purchased the Trails Collection seem happy with it.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)