cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Direct TV satellite elevation and azimuth settings.

3159watson
Explorer
Explorer
I've always used http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/dishPointer.jsp to set the elevation and azimuth settings on my dish while traveling. All I needed was the zip code. This site no longer works. After 2 hours on the phone and internet with Direct I have no where else to turn to find these numbers. Can anyone be of any help?

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
21 REPLIES 21

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Skew is shown in the receiver along with az and el. I find it's sometimes easier just to guess.. it's a minor adjustment.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
How do I get the skew for DTV SL3 which is required to point the dish?

If you select a Multi-LNB satellite setting, it will have the skew. You should be selecting the DTV SL3 99W, 101W, 103W sats under the Multi-LNBs and that will give you the skew. You do have to scroll down to the settings underneath the map as the little white pop-up box doesn't give skew.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
How do I get the skew for DTV SL3 which is required to point the dish?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
The Winegard App seems marginal to me. There must be a way to see multiple TV stations on the map???

And satellite pointing information without skew???

Did I miss something?

Satellite Dish Pointer opens with the pointing information for a previously selected bird - DTV 101 for me, and AR if I want to use it. No need for multiple taps to select anything, the information just displays.

Magnetic direction in addition to true would be a nice addition to any app.

When it comes up for me there is a place to enter your location on the left side and a place to select which satellite(s) you want on the right side. On that right side select Multi-LNB above the box, then find your sats in the box. I am talking about the web site I gave the link to, not the app.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use the Winegard app for OTA. works great I use the "Save your money" app for Sat (I don't subscribe).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dutch_12078 wrote:
CA Traveler wrote:
The Winegard App seems marginal to me. There must be a way to see multiple TV stations on the map???

I'm seeing 6 TV towers on the map in my current location. Have you tried zooming out?
Had to zoom in. Thanks

Bob

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
But your receiver won't show you that bunch of trees that are in the way... ๐Ÿ˜‰
No, you have a point there, but after a few years of doing this, a good ol compass and eyeball are pretty reliable. The receiver is the final arbiter. I'm just glad DTV put the beeps back in so I don't have to mess around with meters and cameras unless I'm too far away to hear them.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
CA Traveler wrote:
Just one click on my cell phone to get satellite pointing information very quickly compared to my DTV receiver.
yah, but your receiver eventually has to be on.

But your receiver won't show you that bunch of trees that are in the way... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:

I'm seeing 6 TV towers on the map in my current location. Have you tried zooming out?
Dutch

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
Just one click on my cell phone to get satellite pointing information very quickly compared to my DTV receiver.
yah, but your receiver eventually has to be on.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Using the satellite receiver to obtain pointing information is a option but ONLY IF you don't have a cell phone or cell reception IMHO.

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III

And satellite pointing information without skew???

Did I miss something?

Satellite Dish Pointer opens with the pointing information for a previously selected bird - DTV 101 for me, and AR if I want to use it. No need for multiple taps to select anything, the information just displays.

Magnetic direction in addition to true would be a nice addition to any app.

Bob

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
IN most cases I have a better site for you. and what's more you do not even need an INTERNET connection

Menu ! Set up ! Antenna pointing

The path may be different. but your receiver has a full chart of every zip code in the US stored in it's memory and all you need to do is go to the antenna pointing page. enter the zip of your parking spot and take notes.. Then pre-set and aim for it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
accsys wrote:

I tried to find the Winegard app on Google Play but couldn't locate it? A million others but no Winegard. I wonder if Winegard took it off??

Try:

Winegard โ€“ TV Signal Finder
Dutch