cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Holiday snacks & appetizers

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
What do you fix for holiday appetizers or snacks around. Christmas & New Years? Simple please! I hate coming up with ideas for pot luck get togethers...but they are everywhere. Thanks!
24 REPLIES 24

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just had a Christmas party last night. Meat and cheese plate, smoked salmon spread with crackers, artichoke dip. ranch dip with vegetables, etc. I l like the frozen appetizers from Trader Joe's like spanakopita, mushroom canapes, coconut shrimp.

I had some makins for hot buttered rum and egg nog but no takers. I had some. Good Canadian whiskey, Stoly vodka, nice tequila, Dark Seal rum. They are your friends, serve some good stuff.

JasseJackson
Explorer
Explorer
Delicious recipe!)

JasseJackson
Explorer
Explorer
I like Grilled Turkey Salad
Healthy and Delicious!
Ingredients:
One skinless turkey breast (1lb)
8 to 10 lettuce leaves
6 to 8 Romaine Lettuce leaves
8 to 10 arugula leaves
Ten cherry tomatoes
7 oz mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lemon
One pinch of salt
Pepper
Try!)

booo193
Explorer
Explorer
For me it's a simple salad with tomatoes and cucumber like here - tomato salad
Try))

akaPedro
Explorer
Explorer
Marinated olives......Buy cans of Large/Jumbo black and green....pitted olives. Drain well and put in a bowl with small amount of bland olive oil, bit of salt, grated lemon rind, fresh, chopped rosemary and thyme. In past years I have added fresh oregano, minced fresh garlic and fresh chopped chives....but not this year.

jwilson66
Explorer
Explorer
Bacon-wrapped pretzels....wrap thin bacon strip around a pretzel rod, dredge in a mix of brown sugar and chili powder, bake at 400degrees until the bacon is done to your liking. Allow to cool on a cooling rack. Great tasting snack/appetizer...

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
The past couple of years my wife has served "all appetizers" for Christmas. Cheese platter and crackers, lot of fresh veggies and Hidden Valley dill dip, lot's of fresh berries, assorted pickles, olives including things like pickled dill carrots, pickle baby beets, pickled asparagus, pickle baby corm. The center piece is a large tray of cold boiled shrimp.

The grandkids like it because they can have a little bit of everything they like and most of them like the shrimp ! Of course she make homemade apple and pumpkin pie for dessert !!

We've started doing the "all appetizers" thing for some meals now. Makes sense - instead of filling up on appetizers and then sitting down to a meal you can't eat, just eat the appetizers!

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
spinach and artichoke dip. in a large pan throw frozen chopped spinach and diced onions and garlic in. when onions soften add canned artichoke hearts (chopped), cream cheese, shredded cheddar, some time parmesan or Romano (really whatever cheeses you want as long as there is cream cheese AND some sort of real cheese to get gooey) keep over heat until softened, throw in a tub of sour cream and mix. transfer to oven save dish (foil pans are the best) and heat prior to serving. freezes well.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
I made these several times. It's more fun making them if you're drinking and have help....

Grinch Kabobs
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
old guy wrote:
just remember some people are allergic to shrimp and eggs or peanuts. this is something we have to put up with in our family

I love all the things that people are allergic to so I cook for me and just warn people. Lol

hehe well said
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
just remember some people are allergic to shrimp and eggs or peanuts. this is something we have to put up with in our family

I love all the things that people are allergic to so I cook for me and just warn people. Lol
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

parcany
Explorer
Explorer
Jar of green olives with pimento, one package of Phili cream cheese. one bunch of celery. Room temperature cream cheese take green olives mince them, add to cream cheese then fill the groove on the celery, cut into one inch section and enjoy.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
don't underestimate the attraction of a nice fresh fruit and/or veggie assortment. please, no garbage melons like musk, honeydew, etc slices ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer