cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our Annual Maintenance

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
We normally have a period of heavy chassis maintenance done each year. This year it was time to replace 18 year old air ride bags and while I was under the coach I saw two leaks, one was the tail stock seal on the Allison trans the other on the differential pinion shaft.
I do not have the tools or jacks to do this job So it's off to Motor Trucks in Mt.Vernon Wa.

$2170.00 parts and labor for the two seals and replacing the bags. we provided the new bags from Spartan, $1300 Part and shipping.
$3400 (+ -) total

Picked up the coach this morning, found house batteries dead. (7.9V) and totally out of propane.. Guess who left the heat on for a week and not plugged in.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
10 REPLIES 10

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I donโ€™t know what they call those bushings in the rear suspension on my Monaco but it cost me $1600 to get all 6 of them replaced. You want to ride you got to pay I guess.

old machines require maintenance, the less it had in the past, the more it needs now.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I donโ€™t know what they call those bushings in the rear suspension on my Monaco but it cost me $1600 to get all 6 of them replaced. You want to ride you got to pay I guess.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Batteries are likely just fine. Recharge and move on.

After being on charge for 6 hours they aren't yet fully charged, with charger oof they hold 13.2 v.
they normally will show 13.8 v when the charger goes to float charge mode
Charger on, it is pulling 22 amps, pretty much done and will go to float charge shortly.

Contrary to the others opinion it does not harm a battery to run it down to low voltage.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:

Not necessarily ruined but sure didn't help them any. I wasn't the one whining about them being at 7.9. Carry on. ๐Ÿ™‚

Whining?? yeah right.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
azrving wrote:
You already know, be handy or have a lot of money. Out of propane and ruined batteries, not surprising now days

What makes you think the batteries are ruined?

Motorhomes are big machines, things wear out, things simply get old.

When you have a budget to buy, you should have a budget to maintain.

Not necessarily ruined but sure didn't help them any. I wasn't the one whining about them being at 7.9. Carry on. ๐Ÿ™‚

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
azrving wrote:
You already know, be handy or have a lot of money. Out of propane and ruined batteries, not surprising now days

azrving, you always have a optomistic outlook. Have you ever had anything GOOD to say?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Batteries are likely just fine. Recharge and move on.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Provided the MH was parked outside, a solar setup could have kept the batteries up.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:

azrving
Explorer
Explorer