cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting trip to FL from Ontario - so far

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Clear and cold when we left home with no snow on the ground. Our 1st night destination was Watertown, NY Walmart where we got the expected 12" of lake effect snow. We thought we were in for clear sailing the rest of the way but now we're in a campground a bit north of Richmond waiting for storm Diego to pass. Nothing here but a real big mess just to the south of us.

Just to add flavour, when I unwinterized here, I discovered there's a leak in our city fresh water system. Put water onboard and it seems OK so no more dry camping.

YAY!
5 REPLIES 5

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Welcome to the south. The morning after in Richmond Virginia.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! we really got lucky this time. That storm moving through the Southern states missed Indiana completely. Actually, we have barely a light dusting of snow on the ground. Today it's sunny, but COLD! We have, in the past, had our share of snow storms to and negative 20 degree weather too for weeks on end.

I suppose before March, we'll be inundated with snow too here. Meanwhile, drive safe, but stay put as long as you can until the roads get cleared off. There is absolutely no reason to to take risks. Nothing is THAT important.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Our first morning on the road - Watertown NY

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Were 70 miles above Raleigh on Kerr Reservoir. 6" so far, still coming down steady.
Someone on here posted a weather link a few weeks ago which shows well the snow falling and accumulations,,,
www.ventusky.com

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
sounds like your making good time, be safe ,see whatsweather is behind that storm ,might lay over another day.